Embarking on trip around OZ

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 at 15:59
ThreadID: 100736 Views:1761 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
As a new member would appreciate others advice and/or expereinces. As a guide we plan to leave the Gold Coast, travel South for obligations in Sydney and Albury before travelling to Adelaide via the Murray, Barossa, Clare Valley and onward to Eyre peninsula, Nullabor, Kalgoolie, Margaret River, Perth, Broom, Gibb River Road, Darwin, Savanah Way and across to Cairns (Hope thats enough detail) and then possibly the Cape before turning south back home. Trip starts end of March and return to Goldie by mid September (thanks to Julia and my desire to have a great Election Party at home. Cheers. Ohh we are driving a Prado with a MODCON camper in tow. will also take a tent and camping gear to explore National Parks where trailers cannot go.

Alan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 at 18:08

Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 at 18:08
Hi Alan,

Sounds like a great trip though I suspect you will wish that you had a lot more time to fit in all that there is to see along the way. Your question is a bit too general though to make any specific response. I assume that you have had a good look through the blogs section to get ideas about great places to go and things to see etc. If not, that would be a good place to start, then come back with any specific questions that might arise.

Have a wonderful trip.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 505458

Follow Up By: Member - J&R - Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 at 22:57

Sunday, Feb 24, 2013 at 22:57
x2
There is so much info available is you use the search function.
FollowupID: 782413

Reply By: Alan F5 - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 14:00

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 14:00
Thanks Val,

I have heard positives and negatives regarding the drive along the Savannah Way and would be keen to hear from others who have driven this route. Also anybody who has visited the many National Parks in the northern end of WA - love to hear the hgihlights or must see places. Will read the BLOGS to gain more insight. Thanks

alan
AnswerID: 505739

Sponsored Links