Endless Air for a 100 Series TD

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 21:34
ThreadID: 100800 Views:2322 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had one of these fitted lately, and if so where? I am in Melbourne. Looking back through the Forum it would appear that the mounting brackets have been a problem in the past. I would like to know if they are still a problem or if the manufacturer has fix the problems.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:01

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:01
Hi Idler

I got my kit from Air On Board (this is not endless air)

- here's the ebay link, the got to the shop and look around. Mine is three years old, its bullet proof, never moved and never failed.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-compressor-engine-kit-031-ARB-Endless-Air-TJM-board-kit-HDJ-landcruiser-/290833623596?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b708ea2c

cheers

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 505710

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:12

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:12
hi phil b
that listing has been removed from ebay site
FollowupID: 782656

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:39

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 22:39
I had the same problem, but if you copy and paste the link directly into a browser it works.
It looks like the mounting kit costs $425 & compressor $325. Any idea the approx cost of other parts required (hoses etc) and labour to fit?

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 782660

Follow Up By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 01:28

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 01:28
Hi guys

I found them very approachable. use the email contact thru ebay and they'll get back to you really quick. Specify what you want and they'll tell you what you need, which of the compressors fit your motor etc. cost it and give you a total price.

They only supply kits and parts and don't fit; I installed mine and I'm not that adept with spanners I can assure you.

cheers

There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 782666

Reply By: Member - John - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:15

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:15
Have an Air Onboard compressor, much better quality than Endless Air brackets etc. John
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 505727

Reply By: kev.h - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 19:39

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 19:39
Hi Chris

I fitted one of these 3.5 cfm + 200 psi just need a place to put it. The endless air was just too difficult to fit to my vehicle
http://www.bossglobalinc.com/compressors.html
- go to air suspension section then compressors
Cheers kev
AnswerID: 505769

Reply By: Idler Chris - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 21:29

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 21:29
Thanks everyone problem sorted. I rang Air on Board and spoke to John who was very helpful and gave good advice. I currently have an on board 12 volt compressor and a 6 litre tank mounted under the truck. There are air outlets at both end of the vehicle and inside on the cargo barrier, they also feed the air lockers. John has told me how to fit their 1024 belt driven compressor and connect it to my current system so I can use either compressor. The very best 12 volt compressor still take a while to pump up 4 tyres which means you do not always change your tyre pressures as much as you should. I have tyre monitors and if your tyre pressures are not right for the conditions the tyre heat up very quickly which is bad for their longevity. At a cost of nearly $800 this compressor is not cheap. I have also just brought 6 new General Grabbers AT2 costing $1,600 so I figure this new compressor should pay for itself over two sets of tyres with the bonus of always having the tyres at the right pressures and so maximum traction and all benefits that brings.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 505777

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)