Holland Track Conditions

Any fellow 4b's been down the track recently.Planning a trip mid April and deciding to tow my camper or not.Any update would be appreciated.Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Idler Chris - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:29

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:29
Went up it last year around April over two days. Its a good track for an experienced 4WD driver. With plenty of time and taking it easy a trailer should not be a problem. It is very isolated so if travelling alone you need to be very experienced and prepared.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 505731

Follow Up By: Wheelz - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:50

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:50
Thanks bud,there will be 4 vehicles with 3 days.Maybe just take the swag and cook this time and go for a look see.We did the Breakaways Norseman thing last year,the road was better than the GE Hwy!So hard to find nowhere these days.Cheers.
FollowupID: 782675

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:47

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 15:47
Wheelz keep an eye on the weather forecasts for the area over the period prior to your trip. I use Elders Weather as it's town specific. The track will flood and be impassible with not much rain. Also the Hyden/Noresman Road will be closed.

Tried it a couple of years back with a number of EO people and when we got to Hyden the whole area was flooded. We ended up doing the Holland Way from Hyden to Pingelly.

A good trip but not what we'd planned.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 505752

Sponsored Links