Water Tank Filler Caps

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 12:31
ThreadID: 100808 Views:2084 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All, Has anyone experienced a mystery similar to the following ? I lost the lockable cap to my water tank, whilst in transit. It was on a 2000 model Golf Challenger. I purchased [what appeared to be the same] replacement cap with 3 small fingers on the inside edge. However I suspect that when the cap fell from the van, it took with it the inlet's internal collar which had the 3 corresponding key ways which enabled me to secure the cap in place, prior to turning the metal key to lock up the unit . I ask your advice as I'm trying to avoid having to replace the entire filler assembly. I would like to thank you in advance for any solutions that you might provide. Tom of Brisbane.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Krooznalong - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 14:07

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 14:07
G'day Tom
Never really worried about locking my previous camper's water cap - mainly because it was stuffed and a PITA to try to lock.

Current one only goes on and off with a key so I have to lock it.

I have never heard of anyone having water stolen or something added to tank so as long as you can actually put the cap on securely to keep dust out then I wouldn't be too worried about it. Maybe you'll get some horror story to make you rush out and buy the missing bit, but I hope not.
AnswerID: 505741

Sponsored Links