Vehicle Upgrade

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 18:57
ThreadID: 100818 Views:1596 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
we are looking at upgrading our NH pajero with perhaps a Terracan or Santa Fe and was wondering if anyone would have thoughts about these two choices
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dreadnought - Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 23:03

Thursday, Feb 28, 2013 at 23:03
Hey katz,
Just my two bobs worth, I would advise against upgrading a Mitsubishi with a Hyundai. Stick with Japanese quality as the Koreans, although they are improving, still have a long way to go to match Japanese quality. Why not another Paj? Even though the Hyundais are far cheaper, you will pay for it in the long run.........I know you will get heaps of replies praising the quality of the Koreans, but you never tend to hear of the horror stories, only the good ones.........They are cheaper for a reason.............
AnswerID: 505779

Reply By: Terradan - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 01:03

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 01:03
Hi Katz78

Here's the first reply praising Hyundai.
I purchased my first Terracan in 2002 and replaced it in 2006 with the newly released Diesel that I still own. I have owned Mitsubishi, Nissan and Toyota 4wd products in the past and currently have a 2011 Hilux, all purchased new, and have had no problems with any of them.

I highly recommend the Terracan (with suspension upgrade) In my opinion it is the equal of its Japanese counterparts in many more ways than not and I am sure there are no more "horror stories " than any other brand. Have a read of Forums on the Terracan. In fact I can't recall any such stories in more than ten years of talking with other owners. Hyundai have been the fastest growing car company in the world for good reason.

Happy shopping and best of luck with what ever ride you choose.

Danny
AnswerID: 505783

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 09:34

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 09:34
While I have no direct experience with the Terracan, I see many of them on the road
towing large vans, & without exception they are well kept & obviously their owners
pride & joy. The diesels have a good reputation for longevity & reliability. Owners I
have spoken to have only one lament...you cant buy a new one...:))).
Bit like a Jackaroo really, but I digress & my bias is showing.
Pssst....there is a cracker of a Jack on eBay for $10k...oops...sorry...
cheers.....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 505797

Follow Up By: Graeme - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:26

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:26
I have driven my brothers Terracan with 250,000km on it and I am very impressed as it does not feel rattly and the motor does not burn oil and has a decent get up and go.
Until then my opinion of Hyundai was with the Accent in Luanda in Angola and everytime we drove it felt terminal, as often things fell off or broke as it was a cheap plastic car. The Suzuki Vitaras which replaced them were a thousand times better.
Several of my neighbours have the Terracan and are absolutely thrilled with them and obviously for good reason as they are a supurb vehicle in their class.
FollowupID: 782731

Sponsored Links