Millstream to Marble Bar

Submitted: Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 00:11
ThreadID: 100821 Views:1526 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, Will be heading of on a trip in July, Perth, Millstream , Marble Bar, Rudal River, south down the Canning and then east to the Macdonald Ranges.
We have planned most of the route but would like to know if there was a more direct route between Millstream and Marble Bar, we had planned to head from Millstream down to Auski then north to Woodstock rd then east to Marble Bar.
Thanks in advance for your input, I'll try and answer your reply's ASAP
Ron.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: luxtourer - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:28

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:28
Hi Ron, Have been looking at this route from the reverse directions, but neither my Hema or Natmap maps show any other options, other than the (probably) faster route of going back up to the coast highway then across and down again - about 450km I think. Presumably though you're hoping to see some sights along the way. Plenty of mines in this area, which complicates things.

Cheers, John
AnswerID: 505882

Follow Up By: rm - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 17:56

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 17:56
Hi John, have been looking at the maps as well mate and as you say, not too many options. I noticed a couple of communities and stations out there but no tracks that go straight across. A pitty there looks like some big river course's through the area and no doubt so nice spots to camp. Will probably take the Roebourne Wittenoom road down to Auski then back up to Woodstock road.
Not to worry, as long as I'm in Marble Bar for the cup.
Thanks for the reply.
FollowupID: 782807

Sponsored Links