EOTrackMe Android Testers Wanted

Submitted: Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 20:39
ThreadID: 100840 Views:1755 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey folks,

I have just written my first Java Android app - yeah. It was not a fun learning curve and took me 5 days to make it work but I have now a new EOTrackMe client for Android devices. It is currently in alpha/beta release mode - which means there is still some work to do before full release but the client program is stable, works and has been excellent in testing.

I need a few members who are wanting EOTrackMe on Android to help with the testing. If this is you then please drop me a PM to david at exploroz.com and I will send you a link to the download and some basic instructions. Now I really need some people who can test it over the next few days, but you can record going to the shop or what ever you are doing over the weekend.

If you can help let me know. I expect to have a product for release next week. EOLogger is what it is called will also record to GPX, KML, TXT and allow you to configure auto emails and a great number of other functions. So it is more than just EOTrackMe it is general purpose GPSLogger for Android. In fact it is based on GPSLogger which is an open source project and EOLogger is also be an open source project.

Anyway more details as we get through the testing.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 12:13

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 12:13
Thanks to all who have offered to test - I have enough people on board now so testing has begun in earnest. There are already a few changes I need but these are minor.
I still expect to release this sometime next week and will also be releasing an update to EOTrackMe PC at the same time.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 505891

Follow Up By: jlAU (SA) - Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 10:57

Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 10:57
Hello David
looking forward to the android ap. I'm using Oziexplorer on my HTC android and Oziexplorer have a sms option to send the gps co-ordinates to any other mobile phone as a sms(text) at users discretion. You maybe able grab that text to input co-ordinates into your EOtrackme. I personally would use that rather than the Oziexplorer on my PC.
John L
FollowupID: 782855

Reply By: Zebra400 - Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 17:34

Sunday, Mar 17, 2013 at 17:34
David

Any update on the release date of the android app? I am keen to try it.

Laurie
AnswerID: 506995

Sponsored Links