There really is some Morons on the road!!.

Submitted: Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 20:52
ThreadID: 100841 Views:3240 Replies:11 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Not far from home to-day driving around a rural subdivision, came around a corner, and heres ol mother duck and her tribe waddling across the road, Know worries slowed up, to let them by.. next minute a car behind just goes around me . and cleans up the last two little tackers in the line,...mother duck goes into a frantic state and comes back onto the middle of the road, so i got out and got her out of the way as well as the little blokes, ........Have We no patience, brains , guilt, or respect,for anything at all other than our own self importance ,.. Was Peed off at those couple, who i might add were not all that young, at a glance.,and driving to fast for me to get a number.......

Cheers Axle.

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 21:32

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 21:32
That sucks, maybe the karma bus will be along to visit them soon.
AnswerID: 505856

Reply By: Member - VickiW - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:03

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:03
How sad - can only mirror the hope that the offenders get a good scare from a bus, maybe more than a good scare. Some people really are a waste.
AnswerID: 505861

Reply By: SDG - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:07

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:07
These are probably the same sort of impatient individuals that have to overtake you, after you have slowed down for the reduced speed limit at road works.
This is where speed cameras should be placed if the government is serious about safety.
AnswerID: 505862

Reply By: The Rambler( W.A.) - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:19

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 22:19
All I can say is that there parents wasted a few minutes of lovemaking.
AnswerID: 505863

Follow Up By: Nickywoop - Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 23:07

Friday, Mar 01, 2013 at 23:07
We love wild ducks, when in a camp oven with gravy, sorry.

The clowns that run them young ducklings need a goal term.

That could have been a road worker

Hope you got a number Axle

Nick
FollowupID: 782771

Follow Up By: Ross M - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 01:11

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 01:11
And to think the driver was the fastest swimmer!
I think retrospective abortion is a suitable punishment.
What make of car was it? Did it begin with C and end in door.
If someone ran over their kids that would be OK wouldn't it?

Ross M
FollowupID: 782774

Reply By: Member - John - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 05:58

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 05:58
Axle, not trying to justify what happened, but maybe they didn't see what you where slowing down for? I agree a hell of a lot of morons out there, but these may not have been............. just another perspective.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 505871

Follow Up By: Axle - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:42

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:42
G/Day John. If they couldn't see then ,then they took a big risk to just drive around at speed,....Thats my take on it.!

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 782787

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 06:52

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 06:52
G'day Axle,
Gotta agree with you on that one. Lots of Wood ducks about feeding near the roadsides at the moment & had the same occur last weekend. Fortunately the moron that swung around me, that did not want to add 30 seconds to their trip, missed all the ducks.
I spend a lot of time on the road & the arrogance & impatience of some driver never ceases to amaze me!

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 505872

Reply By: Rockape - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 07:38

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 07:38
Axle,
now for the good side of people.

I live not far from what is called the Gooseponds (named after me), the geese and ducks regularly cross a very busy road in single file even when it is super busy. 99% of people just stop and wait for them, it is only the odd one that is, lets just say impatient.

Now for another story. One of my sons stopped all the traffic on Newmarket road the other day when a friendly ringtail possum decided to cross it very slowly.

The big fella is covered in tatts and people at first glance just write him off. Old story, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

Haver a good one,
RA.
AnswerID: 505873

Follow Up By: Axle - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:37

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 10:37
Guess i'm being a bit judgemental RA, but this bloke hardley slowed down,..could have been anything there.!

cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 782786

Follow Up By: Rockape - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 11:21

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 11:21
Axle,
I was referring to my son as the book and his kind actions.

I agree, many times you would have seen a vehicle pull up and someone then try and scoot around them, only to find there was something the driver in front had stopped for. Then they must think to themselves. Oh! that's why he stopped silly person. Damn inconsiderate, I am in a hurry.

RA.
FollowupID: 782789

Reply By: Notso - Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 11:47

Saturday, Mar 02, 2013 at 11:47
Yes well I do think it's a bit harsh calling them morons. Two little ducks on the road aren't all that obvious, for all they knew you could have been slowing down to let em overtake. Now if your hazard lights were on or perhaps your arm out the window waving them down, then that may be cause to use the term.
AnswerID: 505888

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 13:39

Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 13:39
I saw the same sort of thing happen a couple of months ago on the NSW Central Coast.

I was heading south and second in line when Mother Duck crossed the road with her brood. The car leading the line of traffic the other way slowed down and then ever so slowly ran over the last two ducks, killing one outright and wrecking the other one, then drove off without stopping.

The driver was a 40ish lady in a neat little Japanese car, no hoon, but her actions were still moronic.

Steve
AnswerID: 505962

Reply By: Ross M - Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 14:21

Sunday, Mar 03, 2013 at 14:21
They were probably anti duck shooting protestors in a hurry to get to the demonstration.
AnswerID: 505964

Reply By: Warb - Wednesday, Mar 06, 2013 at 16:21

Wednesday, Mar 06, 2013 at 16:21
This is all standard behaviour these days. The standard of driving is generally poor and I'm surprised that there aren't more accidents.

Many times I have been involved in situations where cattle are on the road because a fence is down etc. You can have as many flashing lights as you like and there will always be people trying to force their way through, or steaming in without even slowing down. The road outside my farm floods from time to time and the council put up "water on road" signs. We sit and watch the plumes of water as the idiots hit it at 100kph. Just this morning I watched a ute towing a car trailer (empty) trying to overtake an "oversize" semi. When he finally got past he was 150m in to the soild white line "no overtaking" area on a blind bend with perhap 30m visibility and a closing speed of >200kph with anything that happened to be coming the other way.

Mind you, earlier this week I overtook (safely) a campervan after I pulled on to a road behind him, and he took exception to my overtake. He followed me, right on my bumper, at a speed far faster than he (or any sane campervan driver) should have been going, right up until he almost lost it on a bend. Judging from the sudden slow-down he exhibited, either he scared himself badly or his wife let rip at him from the passenger seat!

Advice 1: On a rural road if the vehicle in front slows down, you slow down as well until you KNOW the reason!

Advice 2 : In a rural area the guys driving utes without "touring gear" are often locals, and they probably drive that road every day of their lives. So they know exactly how fast they can go, and exactly how fast a campervan, truck etc. can go.

Advice 3: Unlike the tourists, local residents probably are on the clock or going to pick the kids up from the school bus etc. Under those conditions it's very frustrating to be caught behind a camper or caravan pottering along at 75kph enjoying the view. Where possible try to let them overtake without undue drama, or speed up and drive with the flow of the traffic.

Advice 4: In the middle of the outback, a road train giving a single flash of a right hand indicator might (?) mean "please overtake". Anywhere else you should assume it means "I'm turning right". Don't use the right indicator to request someone to overtake you, or try to overtake somebody with their right indicator on. In the last 3 years at least two major accidents within 1km of my farm were caused by this basic mistake!!
AnswerID: 506193

Sponsored Links