Working around Australia .... here is a start .....

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 10, 2013 at 18:51
ThreadID: 101014 Views:2454 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have no connection to this place at all and actually have yet to get there but i have seen a few posts lately asking about working around Aussie so i have copied n pasted this for those that are interested in this kind of stuff, it is a nice spot from what i have been told and it would be in the cooler months when you start .......

Lorella Springs Wilderness Park..Volunteer fun on outback Station

Lorella Springs is a 1 million acre Cattle Station/Wilderness Park(Tourism) located in the Gulf of Carpentaria. www.lorellasprings.com . We are after dry season volunteer’s , where we will feed and accommodate ,and you will have a wonderful time getting to know this beautiful property and part of Australia. With hot water springs, safe crystal clear swimming. Fishing , 4wdriving, Cattle work …and a Bar, some jobs required may be bar work, building, guiding, cleaning, cooking, mechanical, gardening, fencing and cattle work. Starting beginning of April. Til late October .May suit visa.
We will also be looking for a girl with some office skills, to work in our office and meet and greet and Liaise with our customers. The position will be a paid position and will vary with many tasks to make it very interesting. RSA would be an advantage. This would suit a bubbly , friendly ,outgoing person who would enjoy the remoteness and outback and talking with people.. This position would be from the beginning of May till the end of August. You would be very welcome to start before and help as a volunteer , to have a look around and get to know this beautiful place.
Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Monday, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:02

Monday, Mar 11, 2013 at 08:02
Thank you for the info.
I have sent off an email for more details for 2014
Regards, stay safe & stay well
PeterM
AnswerID: 506543

Reply By: Member Andys Adventures - Monday, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:44

Monday, Mar 11, 2013 at 11:44
If you want to make contact with them the phone number for Lorella Springs is 0889759917

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 506552

Reply By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 09:06

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 09:06
We were there in September last year and it was hot, dry and dusty! The roads and internal tracks were appalling with corrugations, big rocks sticking out and bulldust 2 feet deep! It was the only time we could get away, soo wish we could have gone just after the wet as it would have been brilliant. It's a super interesting place and very friendly people. They've got it all : big fish, crocodiles, wild cattle, mineworkers staying there, remoteness, springs, fabulous waterholes, a bar and food available too. It's a really interesting place. Fuel is available too. Cheers Toni
AnswerID: 506620

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:17

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2013 at 10:17
In 08 the couple looking after the place were run off their feet , husband working fom before sunrise to after dark every day / baking bread on an open fire /keeping said fire supplied with timber / mech repairs /cooking dinners for upto 30-40 at at atime / bar work ,,,,, the wife was required to run the bar/ shop /office etc ,,,,, no actual accomadation was supplied for them or their 2young girls , they had to live in their own c/trailer ,had to use their own vehicle -fuel for restocking supplies from Booraloola as supplied vehicle had broken down months before ,,their "paid" position ?? 'Free site for their c/trailer and a very small percentage of bar/food sales ,,,,,
AnswerID: 506626

Sponsored Links