4wd Events Directory

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 14:46
ThreadID: 10108 Views:1876 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I posted this on a local site but thought I would float the idea here as well.

" This has probably been done before or thought of previously so if
it has then please point me in the right direction.

I have been going away a lot of late and it struck me that there
are a lot of interesting events that happen and I am always there a
week early or late and if I had known they were on I would have
changed itineraries to suit.

Is there a publication or and internet listing that has items of 4wd
interest in them.

You know what I mean, The outback races, B & S balls, Tuff truck
Challenges, Camp oven cooking comps, cattle drive re-enactments
etc.etc.

There is an outback challenge happening at Glendambo in June but not
many know about this.

the type of stuff I am thinking about would be annual, bi annual, or
special stuff. ie a few years ago they had the Birdville mail re-
inactment.

it would be great to log on somewhere to get this info and it would
make planning trips a lot easier and enjoyable.

Perhaps something for David and Michelle to think about on a state by state basis.
We have so little time to enjoy our land
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter (York) - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 14:56

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 14:56
What a great idea , I know how you feel, I hate arriving in a town and seeing posters for some great event that was last week ,I hope it is something that could be added to this site,clubs could also add upcoming trips or events99 GU Patrol 4.2 TD
Peter York 4x4
AnswerID: 44746

Reply By: John - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 15:21

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 15:21
Great idea as said maybe David & Michelle (D & M) could set it up that events could be posted as members and users become aware of them.

Could lead to another means for D & M to gather advertising revenue from organisers of such events who want more detail / exposure than maybe the casual listing / post.

Regards
John
AnswerID: 44754

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 15:52

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 15:52
Precisely - that's what Press Releases is all about. This stuff should really come from the event organisers and have they access to our Press Releases system for free, throughout the year as do ALL our advertisers. The only catch is they have to create the pdf file and upload it (by clicking a button) themselves. We have the technology, if they could be bothered... now how do we get the word out there that this is available? Same as always - your word of mouth.

I should probably think about preparing a standard proposal on this service and distributing to each states tourism associations as a starting point. Thanks for your feedback on this.Regards Michelle,
Spread the word - ExplorOz.com
FollowupID: 306889

Follow Up By: Outnabout David (SA) - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 16:07

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 16:07
That's fine but I was thinking more of a calender based quick reference thing rather than having to read a lot of preferences. Once I know something is on then I will look for further literature.We have so little time to enjoy our land
FollowupID: 306890

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 16:39

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 16:39
Yes - I wasn't thinking along those lines when I replied. And of course, now I see the calender is ideal, and something I would use myself.

David and I have just had a discussion on how we could implement the calender of events. Sounds like he wants to do this, and its quite easy. Along the lines of we build an interactive calender for you to enter Name of Event, Duration, Location. If the event organiser wishes to use ExplorOz to further promote the event details then they need to setup advertising with us which we can link into the event calender too. With such a large audience the calender would be easy to self-build by user interaction.

Thanks everyone! You've just made more work for us. But good idea all the same, precisely the kind of resource you would expect to find on ExplorOz after all.Regards Michelle,
Spread the word - ExplorOz.com
FollowupID: 306896

Sponsored Links