Victorian High Country

Hi, Just a few questions. We're looking at doing the Barry Way from Jindabyne to Omeo via Suggan Buggan and Benambra. does any one know what the road is like . Is it suitable for a camper trailer. Secondly, were looking at meeting friends and camping at Italian Flat near Dargo on the Dargo High Plains Rd. Does any one know if theDargo High Plains Rd is still closed. Can you travel from Omeo to Dargo via the dog Graves and Birregun Crossing. We have a 120 series diesel Prado with all terrain tyres and a lift and will be dragging an Allterrain Camper Trailer and will be travelling alone till we get to Dargo.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:27

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:27
You will be fine on the Barry Way from Jindabyne to Suggan Buggan. Be aware that the road is very narrow with no safety rails. You will be on the outside & the dropovers are huge..in other words..take it easy & be prepared to stop quickly to
accomodate approaching vehicles. I cant comment on the rest of your journey
cheers.....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 506770

Follow Up By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:47

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 11:47
Concur the above, take it easy. And from Suggan Buggan to Benambra via the Limestone Road you'll also be fine. Beautiful, easy drive. Excellent camping at Native Dog Flat and Limestone Creek.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 783850

Follow Up By: Member - Tony (ACT) - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 16:37

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 16:37
And an easy drive to Dargo via the Dogs Grave.
FollowupID: 783881

Reply By: Robin Miller - Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 18:27

Thursday, Mar 14, 2013 at 18:27
Most finally open for last weekend ttk64

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/about-dse/media-releases/archive/parks-and-forests-reopening-for-visitors-this-long-weekend
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 506789

Sponsored Links