Tvan service.....help please

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 20, 2013 at 17:11
ThreadID: 101210 Views:3241 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I have recently bought a second hand Tvan (still under warranty) and I'm loving it. I have one slight problem though. I have found some rust in the rear bumper and am trying to contact Track Trailer to seek advice and find out if it is covered under warranty. I have been trying for over a month to get on to them. I have had one conversation with the service guy (after trying to get onto them for a week) and he asked me to email him some photos of the problem, which I did on the same day. Since then, I've been trying to call them or email them every few days and have had no response at all. I have asked to speak to someone else and left a message for the manager also, but still nothing. I had heard that the customer service at Track was quite good so I am surprised at this lack of response. I am wondering if anyone else has had luck getting anything from them and any tips/advice/specific person to ask for. Help please!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: i'machocoholic - Wednesday, Mar 20, 2013 at 20:18

Wednesday, Mar 20, 2013 at 20:18
Hi, we also have a Tvan so glad to read that you are happy with it.

You might like to post your question on the Tvan forum; just make sure it's the Yahoo Tvan forum. Track actually monitor that forum and quite often will post threads on service type items there.

AnswerID: 507223

Reply By: Ross M - Wednesday, Mar 20, 2013 at 20:28

Wednesday, Mar 20, 2013 at 20:28
G'day Tastpa
I talked to you a while ago when thinking of selling my Tvan.
I had rust in the rear loop pipe. it is powder coated on the outside but not on the inside and water from the sky just falls in and rusts the innards because they don't put plugs in the ends.

I bought some good rust converter and fed a wire through the pipe. On one end I attached a piece of sponge and pulled it slightly down the tube. Onto that i poured the rust converter and it also ran through the sponge and into the pipe.
With the bit above the sponge wet with converter and plently in the tube the sponge was then dragged through to the other end.
The pull through was then reversed and it travelled the other way through.
This coated the innards with converter and then after drying the ends were plugged.

Not sure if Track will go to that much bother though.

You are a purchaser of a second hand Tvan and I would think the same affection will not be forwarded to you as it would be to the first owner.

Check your brake lining thickness, brake adjustments and bearing adjustments for good operation of the system.
I modified the floor so it doesn't flex when standing in the middle at the join.
Also cut off the tang section of the hooks on the tent Zipped mesh cover.
This allows a one handed hookup of the cover when packing the tent into the rear door.
I added a car fuel tank to the underside of the Tvan, 60 litres with it's own internal pump which can be used for distance touring and the pump can be used to pump directly into the vehicle tank as required.

Check on yours up at the roof near the hatch hinges and make sure there is no bare edges of ply showing where the edge meets the fibreglass and top moulding. Mine required sealing as it completely missed the factory "quality" check.

There were a number of other build issues too, which had to be rectified. Make sure all edges where Sikaflex is used to bond and seal are actually bonded. In some areas mine was sadly lacking and I could post a letter through the "bonded" area ie floor to side at rear. Builders didn't remove the oily surface on steel sheeting before adding Sikaflex, therefore no bond at all.

Where do you live? Locals may be of assistance.

Cheers
Ross M

AnswerID: 507224

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:12

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:12
Tastpa

Firstly I hope you love your Tvan as much as most do. You should join theTrack Trailer Forum

You will get some informed replies there including from Craig, a previous service manager who knows them back to front.

The subject of Track Trailer service over the last few months has also been discussed. Apparently they were overwhelmed for a while. I also had problems getting hold of someone and lodged a complaint. The issues were dealt with and the MD called me personally to let me know they were aware of the delays.

Check it out of the forum.
AnswerID: 507239

Reply By: Tastpa - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:22

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:22
Thanks everyone. I am really enjoying the Tvan and am so glad I bought it, which makes the service difficulties a shame! I will join their forum and see if I can get someone to assist me that way. Thanks again for all your comments!
AnswerID: 507241

Reply By: Member - Jack - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:57

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 07:57
I share your frustration with Track. I have sent them four emails in recent times asking who can do a wheel alignment on my Tvan, and have not had a reply, nor an acknowledgement. Nothing. Nada. Nil!!!

This is not the first itme I have attempted to contact them, and am yet to receive a reply. The only time I got a response was when I wanted to buy something. That woke them out of their slumber.

I think their service is appalling. In fact I think that apart from the excellent suspension, the rest of tie van is about average. I would not go with them again.

Good luck with your efforts. The vans are good. The mob that run the place are useless.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 507243

Follow Up By: Member - batsy - Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 09:25

Thursday, Mar 21, 2013 at 09:25
Jack, if you are able & a little mechanically minded I have the necessary information for you to do your own alignment.It is quite easy & no special tools required.
PM me if you would like the information.
Cheers
Batsy
Every day vertical above ground is a bonus.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 784466

Sponsored Links