What do you do??

Submitted: Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:28
ThreadID: 10126 Views:1725 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Driving behind a woman on way to work this morning - almost completely deflated left rear and getting worse - SO I drove up beside her in adjacent lane, gave a couple of brief toots and pointed to the offending tyre to let her know - she thought I was raging her and looked away. I repeated the manoeuvre - this time couldn't get her to look over - OK I understand she was worried so thought maybe better not to try anymore. Anyway she pulled into workplace soon after so I stopped nearby and called out telling her the problem. I didn't want to approach her so as not to frighten her more! She thanked me and apologised saying she thought I was trying to be horrible to her. I found this a rather difficult situation as an accident may possibly have occurred especially as we were driving on a highway at up to 100kph...What do you do???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:42

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:42
I think you did all you could in the circumstances and did it well.
Such is the nature of life these days and the negativity of the press in only reporting bad stories that you can't blame the women for thinking they are about to become a victim of another lunatic.Carpe Diem
AnswerID: 44832

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:45

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:45
That's about all you can do...and I sympathise with the woman as well...having been the victim of a nasty road rage incident myself it's not easy...luckily for me there was a gentleman in the car behind who got out of his vehicle and challenged the person...its a sad reflection on our society really when you think about it....

and luckily for you and everyone else the tyre didn't blow at 100kph

LynLife - Live it , Love it !

AnswerID: 44833

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 17:22

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 17:22
You should have floored it and got well away!

As you saw she was soiling herself, which could have lead to anything like evasive manouvers on her behalf, and with a flat tire could have lead to huge fubar...

Its like people driving in dark conditions with no lights on, if they dont realise it they shouldnt be on the road! If you dont realise you have a flat tire...
AnswerID: 44862

Reply By: AndrewX - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:33

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:33
Mark, you handled a difficult situation very well and most importantly brought it to a safe conclusion.
Truckster, you're a crude idiot!!!
AnswerID: 44905

Follow Up By: troy - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 16:26

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 16:26
crude yes
idiot no
FollowupID: 307122

Sponsored Links