100 series cruiser immobiliser

Submitted: Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 15:21
ThreadID: 10133 Views:12050 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have a 2001 Standard Landcruiser Wagon, it is fitted with a factory security system that all cruisers have, however I have a slight problem.

When I purchased the vehicle it only came with the valet key(grey in colour) and not a master key(black in colour).

I then went and got a key cut using the key code from the log books, the key opens the locks, turns the ignition etc but won't start the vehicle as it has no been programed to suit the vehicle.

Toyota have informed me thatin order to re-program another key when I get one cut, that i need a master key in order to re-program the computer in the new key so that the vehicle will start. However I only have the valet key(grey in colour) which toyota have informed me cannot re-program a new key that has been cut to suit my vehicle.

Toyota have informed me that they do not have any programs that can have the vehicle's VIN entered and program a key to suit from there.

Toyota have also informed me that to overcome this problem I have to install a new immobiliser set up that comes with a whole new set of keys at a cost of over $1000.

Can anybody suggest if there is any way of bypassing the factory immobiliser?

Does anybody know of a company in the Brisbane area that has the know how to fit a new immobilisor setup without getting toyota involved as I think $1000 plus fitting is a bit expensive.

If you can think of any suggestions to overcome this problem it would be great.

I heve tracked down the previous owner who has told ne that they lost their spare keys and that the key that came with the vehicle was the only one left.

I have no come back on a dealer as I purchased that vehicle at auction.

ALL YOU PEOPLE BE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A 2ND HAND CRUISER.

THanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Raymond - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 15:53

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 15:53
Craig
Go speak to an Auto Electrician. I have hads an immobiliser fitted to the patrol, the Utes don't have one factory fitted and it cost $200 in total, uses the standard key with an extra tag. They should be able to get rid of the toyota setup
Raywanderin' in retirement. victor 2010
AnswerID: 44853

Reply By: Member - Peter [SA] - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 22:31

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 22:31
I hope the previous owner/s took better care of the vehicle than they did with the keys, come with 3 master keys and 1 valet key.
AnswerID: 44895

Follow Up By: CraigQ - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 14:00

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 14:00
The vehicle is in excellant condition, ex council road engineer's vehicle from Thargomindah in western Qld, I think the keys got misplaced between the council depot and the auctions. Paid $34000 for it with 60000km on the clock 18 months ago. Couldn't be happier with the vehicle.
FollowupID: 307112

Follow Up By: Member - Peter [SA] - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 14:23

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 14:23
Craig, sounds like a goodbuy, well done.
FollowupID: 307272

Reply By: Member - Eric- Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:44

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:44
Graig , I went though all this when our cruiser was stollen , There is a imoboliser in behind the cluster , you can purchase it Trade for around $300.00 and fit it your self if you are mechanicly minded , I crunched them down to $600.00 fitted with the new key supplied also , Do not attemt to bi pass it , its all rigged up with the engine managment system ,

hope this helps , If you are in Melbourne I would be more than happy to book it in for you Venus Bay
AnswerID: 44907

Sponsored Links