Hema App

Submitted: Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 15:03
ThreadID: 101372 Views:1878 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Damn Hema. I started with the boxed set of paper Great Desert Tracks, then I bought the DVD set, now they drop the price of the iPad App by twenty bucks, forcing me to buy that too. Please stop.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - J&R - Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 16:38

Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 16:38
It's like buying a new 4wd.
It's only a beginning. A small part of the expense.
Many people find any excuse ('I may need a winch/bullbar/driving lights/bash plate/extra spare wheel/uhf/vhf/extra 4 batteries/onboard printer/laptop/gps system/sliders/off road tyres/onboard air pump/a gauge for everything/solar system if and when we go camping at anytime in the future, and yes I know it will only devalue the vehicle and we'll never get our money back but we need it sooo bad.....

Like feeding a big hungry mongrel dog. Never satisfied.

Once started, can't stop. Good luck.
AnswerID: 507814

Reply By: redpaso - Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 17:19

Friday, Mar 29, 2013 at 17:19
What! They dropped the price!
Wonder if they will give me some back up paper maps to compensate?
Must say I was happy to pay the old price as I have had more than that much use out of it. My favourite thing is driving up the highway, looking at the app & steering the Patrol down some unknown (to me) track. It turned a recent 5 hour drive into a 12 hour adventure. Whoo-Hoo!
Enjoy your Hema App!
AnswerID: 507821

Follow Up By: Echucan Bob - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 09:19

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 09:19
Redpaso,
Yes I prefer the road less travelled too. I'm reminded of the old Peugot add where the bloke heads down to the local shops but gets 'side tracked' merely for the pleasure of driving.
I left the CD set off my list above (just found it too).
Having both Hema and VMS (now MudMaps) apps side by side I think I prefer Hema. I also had the Hema DVD set installed under Bit Maps, but that runs slower on the original iPad.
I wonder if anyone can confirm that purchase of the iPad version allows you to download the iPhone version at no additional expense?

Bob
FollowupID: 785130

Follow Up By: Nutta - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 15:09

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 15:09
If youre talking about hema i think it works for the ipad and iphone on the one off price.
FollowupID: 785154

Follow Up By: redpaso - Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:27

Saturday, Mar 30, 2013 at 20:27
I have downloaded to both iPad & iPhone off the one purchase. I would hate to have to drive past a potential adventure track because I did not have the iPad in the Patrol!
FollowupID: 785184

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:45

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:45
You could always use the paper map :)
FollowupID: 785280

Follow Up By: Member - Berylvt - Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 18:17

Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 18:17
Bob, could you enlarge on the benefits of Hema over Mudmap? I have Mudmaps and am considering Hema as well.
FollowupID: 785428

Reply By: Hema Maps - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:34

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:34
Bob,

We sincerely apologise for creating enticing products. We understand that it can be hard to avoid the allure of a great quality map. We do however recommend that you dont overcompensate with paper maps as we have seen Hema fanatics with just too many maps! When it gets to the point that you are not able to close the car door due to too many maps in the side pocket, or when you find that you have to allocate a box purely for maps on your camping trip we recommend that you seek help.

At Hema we are a caring company and we have a support line for map addicts, 07 3340 0000*. We are contactable 8:30 till 4:30 monday to friday and our amazing customer service team will happily advise you on ways to reduce the number of maps you have.**

We wish you all the best of luck

*please note this is our customer service line, they may also advise you that you need more maps.
** please also note these are not professionally trained psychiatrist, if you really are addicted to maps you should probably see one of them....... its safer :)

On a more serious note.

Thank you all for your support.

Safe Journey...
AnswerID: 509061

Sponsored Links