Weekend Trips out of Perth

Submitted: Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 05:54
ThreadID: 101401 Views:2700 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I was just looking for some ideas for some good 4WD tracks and trails in or around Perth. I've been 4WDing for a little while now, but want to go and explore some new areas. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:37

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 09:37
There's a great little guide book called something like 4WD Trips Out of Perth. Published by Westate Publishers, from memory. I think they're same guys as do the great little "Western 4WDriver" mag. Probably avail in Exploroz shop, but certainly in newsagents.

Other great titles include similar 4wd guides for the Goldfields, South Coast & SW from memory.
AnswerID: 507946

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 11:40

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 11:40
The guide books Paul is referring to are indeed published by Westate Publishers p/l and are written by locals by Nick Underwood and Ian Elliot et al.

They are great for experienced 4WDers and allow you to explore off the given tracks, or suit a novice if you follow the tracks as is. Earlier copies also contain useful information on how to use your four wheel drive and how to prepare it.

The are very comprehensive giving both historical information, track information, trip notes and waypoints so you don't get lost. You can also go onto their website and get up to date info on tracks and waypoints.

The series include 4WD Days out of Perth, 4WD Weekends out of Perth, 4WD Days on the South Coast of WA, 4WD Days in the Goldfields, 4WD Days out of Melbourne, Explore the Pilbara, Explore the Holland Track and Cave Hill Woodlines (and the latest) Hanns Track.

They cost about $17 to $20 each and are available through the ExplorOz shop. also in news agents and 4WD stores.

They also produce the Western 4W Driver mag that also have Trips detailed in them.

Not connected with the authors or companies just a very satisfied customer. I have had to replace some of mine due lending them to friends who wreck me the buy their own.
FollowupID: 785290

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 14:56

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 14:56
All correct and the 4wd Days out of Perth is $18.95 for members and $4.95 delivery from the ExplorOz Shop at 4WD Days out of Perth.

David

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 785313

Reply By: evaredy - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 10:05

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 10:05
I would also be interested, but for me they would have to suite a novice.

I have come across this page which lists some around Perth with a brief description,
http://www.triggertravel.com/4x4/wa-locations/perth-4wd/

That 4WD Days out of Perth is $19.95 and is available here
http://www.chartandmapshop.com.au/25696/4WD-Days-out-of-Perth/9771440622169

I might also check it out.
AnswerID: 507948

Reply By: Member - Arsenal Phill - Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 12:36

Monday, Apr 01, 2013 at 12:36
Not sure where you've already been Ultimate Patrol but a few of my favourite destinations are Julimar Forrest, Powerlines at Mundaring and the Dunes and sand between Two Rocks and Lancelin.
If you want to msg me sometime and depending where in Perth you are, if you'd like to join our small group when we trip out, you'd always be more than welcome.
AnswerID: 507957

Sponsored Links