2013 Canning Walkers stumble

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 00:30
ThreadID: 101419 Views:2354 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
The Canning Walkers of 2013 have stumbled in preparations for the walk next month. Pam Armstrong has withdrawn from the team taking her support driver and vehicle with her. Pam is still doing the walk, but from Wiluna to Billiluna, starting 15 May.

Reason for withdrawal - being an artist, Pam says she would like to 'paint her own story'. Sadly, she felt like she had become an accessory to someone else's walk . That the walk was nolonger her own. I regret she feels this way. It is the second time a team effort has not worked for Pam. The other was 2012 www.defyingadversity.com

I wish Pam every success on her own walk, on her own terms. Sometimes it is the only way.

The other members of the team, Gaynor and Andy, are still on track at www.walkthecsr.com. The website is obviously having to go through a revamp.

Andy will help me lay the supplies the length of the Canning mid May. 88 drops 21km apart. Once we reach Billiluna, I will say goodbye to Andy who must return to work, and start walking down the Canning alone. Start date in Billiluna is expected to be end of May.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:50

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:50
Hello Gaynor,

it should be interesting when you and Pam cross paths on the way. I dare say you will both have some stories to swap.

Have you considered setting up a facebook page?
A lot of people I know are communicating through facebook now.

Steve
AnswerID: 508083

Follow Up By: Gaynor - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:45

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:45
Hi Steve

Pam and I are both friends on Facebook.

Artist Pamela Armstrong
Gaynor Schoeman Canning Walker

Anyone who wants to link is welcome - just send me a message that you are from ExplorOz and I will respond.

Pam has changed the direction for her walk - walking Wiluna to Billiluna starting 15th May

Andy and I are laying supplies from Wiluna to Billiluna around the same time, maybe a few days earlier. Two weeks later I start walking alone from Billiluna,some where near end of May. So we may see each other at the beginning and again north of Kunnawaritji.

Pam is running to a tight schedule. Her driver needs to be off the Canning before August and she needs to be in Queensland, I think it is, so her pace and direction are driven these considerations.
FollowupID: 785505

Sponsored Links