Easter at Cooks Mill - Cathedral Ranges

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 02, 2013 at 11:12
ThreadID: 101426 Views:1402 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
We were extremely lucky enough to be given 3 nights camping at Cooks Mill for the Easter Break from Chris. We had an awesome time and appreciate your generosity very much. We arrived on Thursday arvo and just got the tarp over the tent when it started to rain, not too much rain though and got the fire started to warm up. Got my sons bike off the trailer for his first time without training wheels. Picked it up straight away. A very proud Dad that day. Lots of space for kids on bikes and minimal traffic at the spot we were at. Lots of walks down to the river where the boys had fun throwing rocks in. A visit from the Taggerty CFA on Good Friday for some rides on the truck for the kids. Even a visit from the Easter Bunny. There were lots of campers around as it was fully booked but it was pleasant with no excess noise. I am not sure how to upload some pics of the setup and the general areas of the campsite. Chris, i can e-mail them to you and maybe reply and atach them. Overall a fantastic weekend. Thanks again Chris.

Cheers
Glenn
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Pathycop - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:02

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 10:02
Hi Glenn. I had to work over Easter so jealous of your time away. We love Cooks Mill. We get up there a lot as it is only just an hour or so from home. Kids love the river and even managed a swim over summer although stil too bloody cold for me! Have you tried the Murrindindi scenic reserve camp sites. They are exceptional for kids with lots of river banks, open space and some excellent walks especially up to Wilamena Falls.
Glad you had a great time. We are off up Corner Country with the kids for 2 weeks camping this Sunday. Must be mad?!!

Cheers Graeme
AnswerID: 508080

Sponsored Links