Kangaroo Valley camping

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 16:43
ThreadID: 101448 Views:2435 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hello Explor Oz Forum,

I am heading to Kangaroo Valley next weekend camping and canoeing

I know there is Bendeela camp ground however I would like to have a small camp fire as it will start to be getting cold and you are not allowed there.

Does anyone know other good spots?

Thank you

Brent
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pepper2 - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:11

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:11
You could try "beehive point", drive past bendeela pondage onto jacks cnr road,go to end of jcr turn left down the track to a small rough camping spot that goes to the waters edge,only suitable for a couple of small camps.
or drive across the hampden brigde going towards moss vale then first right to upper kangaroo river,camp at the end of the road past a pedestrian suspension bridge...have a good time...
AnswerID: 508097

Follow Up By: Brent N2 - Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 17:21

Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 17:21
Hi Pepper2

Sorry for the delayed reply, thank you for your spots, i had a look on google earth and followed your directions and want to see if it is right so could you personal message me your email so i can send you a map image

Sorry i cant upload images as i am not a financial member

Thank you for your help

Brent
FollowupID: 786327

Follow Up By: pepper2 - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:30

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:30
Brent send email to timfitz44 at gmail dot com happy to help if i can.
FollowupID: 786704

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:13

Wednesday, Apr 03, 2013 at 18:13
G'day Brent

I can't think of anything else around Kangaroo Valley, but if you're prepared to go elsewhere in the general region you could try Coolendel. It's on the south side of the Shoalhaven River, access via Nowra, about 30km upstream.

Give them a call to discuss your requirements re canoeing, portageing (sp?) etc.

Fees are up there though, about $16 pp/pn. Weekend deals are available.

But it's beautiful and you can have a campfire.

There's also Danjeera Dam at Yalwal, not too far from Nowra/Coolendel.Free camping there with toilets, but it gets a bit noisy with the trailbike crowd. Some info here.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 508098

Sponsored Links