always working

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 09:25
ThreadID: 10152 Views:1895 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I must say , I have been very impressed with the amount of work David and Michelle and put into EO in the last week or 2 . I know your always working hard at it , but noticed the responce email and was very impressed , keep up they great work guys

I came accros a thought on my last trip . If there could be a accomidation list somewere on the forum this would be very helpfull . So if I am traveling to say QLD up the Princess or any other hiway , I could print a list of motels along the way with there phone numbers , so I ring them when I figure out how far I would travel on this perticular day , I know we set goals from our start point but things happen . We could add comments, approx overnight cost

I am not sure how easy this would be David , can it be implemented that I put a start point a finish , the road I am traveling on , and then print off a accomidation list. Maby a Members only privilidge , might get more poeple to coff up there 50 bucks lol Venus Bay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oskar(Bris) - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:26

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 10:26
Eric
Sounds like a good idea but I suspect that David & Michelle would prefer that these places actually advertised on this web-site rather that get freebie promotion. And that's fair enough too isn't it!
It is probably another avenue that D&M are already explorozing.
The free accomodation guides published for each state sort of do what you are requesting EXCEPT for the discount idea and the user input idea. (and their maps generally don't have distances between towns)
On another issue....
We found on our recent tour through Vic (over 6000 K's) that the information centres (IC's) in towns around the place were generally only advertising agencies for commercial ventures in their city or town. It took us a while to figure it out, Duh!!
That's fair enough as well as the local businesses pay for the service (do they??) but don't expect too much info on stuff that doesn't have a price-tag.
For example, when we enquired about bush camping along the Murray not one IC could advise us and we had to go to the camping and fishing stores to get info.
Still... it's great to travel, ain't it.
Cheers
Oskar
The real oskar
AnswerID: 44941

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:03

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 11:03
Let's just stick to the basics of 4WD on this site. Start going down the motel trail and you will want a booking service next. If you do searches on the WWW you can find most of the stuff already listed & the NRMA/RAVC/local I centres etc, in any town. How many motels are there in Aust ? , and everybody has a different opinion on evry one. Nah, leave that one alone and concentrate on the basics of the bush, getting there and back safely.

Carpe Diem
AnswerID: 44946

Reply By: Member - KG (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 14:30

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 14:30
what there currently ISN'T available on the net for au (not that i've found yet anyway - pls point me to the url if you know of one)

a list of accomodations / campsites with people's reviews / comments on each one... (real people - not accomodation giude reviewers with who knows how many vested interests)

advertisers can pay to link their website or provide a blurb / brief pics... once it starts filling up with intelligient reviews (with this amount of members who frequently travel it wouldn't take long) advertisers would be happy to pay to be linked / have their blurb included.

but then again i'm still workinig for the man so my advertising nouse might not be up to scratch :P

cheers,

KG

Are you stoned or stupid?
AnswerID: 44960

Follow Up By: GOB member vic - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 17:09

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 17:09
http://www.geocities.com/flourpower.geo/parks.htm
this gives reports for caravan parks
steveimagine a 03 gu 4.2tdin the picture
as i am having trouble sizing the picture
FollowupID: 307126

Sponsored Links