Seeking "BIG FAMILY" campsite location suggestions

Submitted: Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 16:33
ThreadID: 101573 Views:1776 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All,
I am seeking suggestions for a camp location with the following attributes...
--Within around 500ks of Melbourne.
--Suitable for a large family & friends group totalling some 15 camps with persons from 6 months through to 60's.
--In a van park / farm stay / camping facility to enable us to secure a forward booking as we need to have guarantee that the sites are available when we arrive.
--Dog friendly as some of our family are small well educated van park savvy canines so National Parks cannot be considered.
--Suitable for caravans, campers and tents.
--Do not require power, however if available some will choose to utilise.
--Grass cover and shade certainly would be preferable.
--Some nearby water connections would be beneficial.
--Must have a fire pit for communal gatherings or permitted to use drums/braziers.
--Under cover communal area would be a benefit in case of crook weather.
--Nearby 4WD touring would be an advantage as would vineyards for the older folks.

Many thanks in anticipation of the well travelled ExploreOz fraternity helping us to identify future family & friends camping locations.

RogiePop
for and on behalf of the kids, grand kids and our "Fourby Old Farts" friends.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 17:10

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 17:10
One I can think of that will suit you is Glenpatrick Reserve in the Pyrenees

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 508480

Reply By: LJME & LMG - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 17:33

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 17:33
Have a look at Upper Yarra Reservoir Park east of Warburton. It is run by Parks Victoria but dogs are allowed. You can book for a group by phone, there is plenty of grassy space and amenities with hot showers and flush toilets. There is a large wet weather hall with tables, hot water and BBQs (and a couple of old fridges) which was the original mess hall for the workers who built the dam wall. There are water taps, picnic tables and fireplaces, but no powered sites or rubbish collection. Last time I was there the CFA had bags of ice for sale. It is handy for the Reefton pub but the nearest supplies are in Warburton. Plenty of 4WD tracks in the forest.
Hope this helps
ljme
AnswerID: 508482

Reply By: Mick O - Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 21:02

Monday, Apr 08, 2013 at 21:02
1. Hynes Reserve at GlenIsla. Right on Rocklands reservoir and the Grampians behind you.

2. Cavendish Community Recreation Reserve on the banks of the Wannon River. $5 per camp which includes hot showers and facilities. Walking distance to the Bunyip Hotel and some great driving in the Grampians nearby.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 508499

Reply By: rooster350 - Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 09:54

Tuesday, Apr 09, 2013 at 09:54
Hopetoun....beside the lake , it has everything that you require. It is run by the council and not very expensive,has grassed camp sites with power,units that acomodate from 2 -20 (I think around 20 maybe a bit less), a reasonably sized communal hall with kitchen facilities, close to town ..2 mins walk. When we were there last year a group of about 60 or so had a family gathering and were enjoying the place.No nearby vineyards,(except Mildura a bit further up north) but a desert just out to the west for 4WD touring...cheers and good luck.
AnswerID: 508537

Reply By: Shaker - Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:05

Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:05
Have a look at ........ PARADISE VALLEY CAMPING PARK
It's located between Heyfield & Licola.
AnswerID: 508722

Sponsored Links