Pajero NM problems

Submitted: Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 18:00
ThreadID: 10163 Views:10465 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have had a few problems with my NM Pajero.

My mate and I both have the same model pajero and below are some of the problems that we have had.

• Both cars the roof liner’s drops about 1 inch. Repair under warranty.
• The front diff status switch leak. I’ve had two replaced he has had one.
• Roof rack recall, Repaired under warranty but they need the cars for half a day.
• Both cars the door seal leak. This requires a complete dust seal kit replacement. But they will do this under warranty and they need the car for five days. Still to be carried out.
• I have a manual and have had a few problems with clutch shutter over the last 18 months. But they have report that this clutch shutter is acceptable.
• My mate is still trying to sort out a problem with the ruber strip between the panel work and flaring. It has faded to a yellow colour.

Apart from the above problems I would still by another pajero tomorrow.
Also has anyone else had any problems with the NM pajero clutch.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rusty bear - Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 23:43

Saturday, Jan 31, 2004 at 23:43
Hi Jeff does this clutch shudder happen between 1st and 2nd gear if so nissan patrol 4.2 td same problem not mine i too have 2000 nm pajero and yes the rubber stip has turned yellow in places
AnswerID: 45012

Follow Up By: chrisfrd - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 18:58

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 18:58
Yeah.. Same problem with the 2.8Lt GQ and GU series 1.

The issue there was that the harmonic balancer off the box is about half the size that it needs to be.

Chris.
FollowupID: 307217

Reply By: UB.1 - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:03

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:03
Hello Jeff

Have you searched this topic on the Pajero Club forum? There is some very useful comment on the maintenance and problem topcs.
http://www.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/
AnswerID: 45035

Sponsored Links