Hanns Track

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 11, 2013 at 19:58
ThreadID: 101639 Views:4017 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G, day all,
Is anyone doing frank hanns track which goes from laverton to Warburton via Amy rock's and wallaby rocks.
We are leaving Perth on Saturday 27th April?
My question is what temps are expected out there this time of year?
Al you may be able to help with this!
Please let me know if you are interested in coming along.
It is very remote and may not have seen a vehicle for a couple of years and could be very hard on tires.
2 of us are in v8 troopy with diff locks, winches, kaymar wheel carries and numerous other accessories
Cheers john
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Friday, Apr 12, 2013 at 14:19

Friday, Apr 12, 2013 at 14:19
Is that school holidays??? If so then you won't be alone. Have you sorted out the permits? Given the weather last few thousand years and the supposed effects of climate change and the fact it is Autumn in WA you can expect warm - cold - wet - dry - windy - calm - sunny - cloudy - all on the same day (sort of like any day in Melbourne). I have spent April and May in the GVD in previous years and experienced >35deg+ and <5deg so just make sure you pack for the lot - fashion dictates layers. The book recommends making sure you have plenty of tyre repair gear so I guess take their advice. I am hoping that by the time I get out there in August the "track" as described in the book will be worn in and relatively sorted out. Just hope there are no problems with anyone stuffing up the areas described in the book and getting it closed down. Have a nice time and let us know how it went. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 508856

Reply By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:54

Saturday, Apr 13, 2013 at 12:54
G'day John, Just saw this thread.

weather at the moment is bloody beautiful, low to mid thirties in the day, and a tad under 20 at night.
Can't help with much of the track conditions. But I have heard it's a bit rough around Yamarna at the moment. Top of the Connie Sue I haven't seen for 2 years, so not much help.

Cheers
Al
AnswerID: 508922

Sponsored Links