Rear caravvan door Awnings.

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 15:39
ThreadID: 101696 Views:5193 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We have recently bought an 11 Foot off road Pop Top caravan second hand. It has a bag awning over the rear door, to which we had an annex made.
In the driving rain it was a bit of a pain & we wondered if anyone had put a roll out ( like Dommetic over their rear door?
Any opinions would be very welcome. We think it would be a lot quicker in the wind & rain. We're hoping we could put the bag awning on the side for longer stays with the annex on it if we want.
Thanks for reading.
Take care,safe travels. Ma.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 16:55

Sunday, Apr 14, 2013 at 16:55
I have seen many rear opening vans that have a roll out awning on the back and side of the van.
So yes it can be done.
. Ask this company.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 509007

Follow Up By: Keith H7 - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:47

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 09:47
Yes they are available. Have a look here

http://thegreynomads.activeboard.com/t48541164/tentawning-for-rear-door/?page=1&sort=newestFirst

Sorry admistrators the link is for another Caravan forum.
FollowupID: 786706

Reply By: graham B9 - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 06:50

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 06:50
Hi PA &MA

Because it is a rear door you have a much better chance of getting a second hand awning. Awning repairs are the largest caravan insurance claim and as a general rule, the repairer will replace the entire awning. So they have many almost new ones sitting around the "shop".

Fitting can be tricky however as getting the mounts in the right place is the worry. Most of the time, you will need to mount them slightly above the roof to allow for the door to open.

Aussie traveller is the best brand, then Dometic and get a carefree last of all. Well do not get a carefree but find one of the other 2. Not certain where you are, ie city.
AnswerID: 509050

Sponsored Links