Rhino Rack Sunseeker Awning

Submitted: Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 13:15
ThreadID: 101710 Views:7636 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, just would like to know if anyone has one of the Sunseeker awnings and if so what are your thoughts?

here is the link: http://www.rhinorack.com.au/AccSubCategory_Sunseeker-Awnings_57.aspx if you want to have a look at them. They look pretty sturdy from the Youtube clip.

Many thanks
Trev
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michaeljp - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 13:57

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 13:57
I have the Sunseeker awning and im pretty happy with it. I just didnt like the way it sits up high on the rhino racks, so i bought a L bracket from a hardware store so it now sits just above door height on the side of the rack not on top of it.
AnswerID: 509072

Reply By: Super (NSW) - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 14:10

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 14:10
G'day Trevor,

I have a Sunseeker II awning and a "Mesh room" which I used on a trip to Cape York last year. The whole set up was very useful and I used it in place of a tent for camping.
Two comments:
1) it was a little difficult to "dismantle" single handed but very easy if two people were involved.
2) while it was terrific in terms of "accommodation" it was a little cumbersome if you were staying at a place for more than one night as you had to pack it all up before going anywhere the next day.

Overall I was very impressed with its ease of use and, combined with the "Mesh room" was a fantastic alternative to using a tent.

I would check the pricing though as I was quoted $280 form ARB in South Nowra and, when I mentioned this to the Roof Rack City people from whom I bought they ummed and ahhed a bit then matched ARB's price. So you may be able to get it for less than the $379 quoted on the web site if you shop around. Mind you, I didn't go to ARB so have no idea what they were selling, just that they quoted me $279 for a "Rhino Rack awning"

Good luck,

Phil
Regards,
Phil

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 509073

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 15:55

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 15:55
I have one on the side of my Troopy. Fortunately the awning mounts have 3 height adjustment points which is handy for me as I'm a bit of a short arse.

Set up by yourself like all awnings can be a challenge at times but I've solved halve of this by using sand bags and not pegs to secure the awning. Having said that the Rhino appears to be a bit more robust than the ARB one I have on my Terracan.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 509079

Reply By: Member - VickiW - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 20:28

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 20:28
I have one fitted to the Rhino Pioneer Platform. Works well as the top of the awning is flush with the platform (I need to fit under 2.1 for work car park).

It's easy to set up (by myself) and good for water run off.
AnswerID: 509096

Sponsored Links