Info re camping at Roaring Meg Fall.

Hello all,

After some info please.

Wanting to camp at Roaring Meg Falls on the Creb. Looking for info re what's available and who to contact.


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pauly_T - Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 18:32

Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 18:32
Hang on, found something, as below.

Roaring Meg Falls Permits:

Please contact DERM on 131304 and ask to be transferred to the Business Centre in Atherton. Permits can also be obtained in the Mossman QPWS office. Preference is to contact Atherton as they are the custodian of the booking sheet for the Camp sites. From here you will be able to obtain one of two permits. The permit you require will be dependant on your travel requirements. Permits can be emailed to you in PDF format, completed and emailed or faxed back to the Atherton office for processing.

PERMIT TO TRAVERSE - to traverse (travel) within the Timber Reserve on which Roaring Meg Falls and the camp ground is located. This is for day use only.

PERMIT TO CAMP - to camp overnight or for a number of nights at Roaring Meg Falls camp sites. This permit is a dual purpose permit, providing access to Traverse and to Camp at Roaring Meg Falls. Restrictions of number camps and campers at Roaring Meg is as follows: x3 camp sites. x4 campers per site per night, no exceptions. Maximum pax per night at Roaring Meg Falls is 12 people total, no exceptions. Booking is first in best dressed.

Camping is free, Permit to Traverse is free, NO FACILITIES i.e. toilets, water & rubbish collection.

Various conditions will be outlined on the permit and provided to you once your permit has been processed, one of these is to contact Traditional Landowners (Wujal Wujal).

AnswerID: 509088

Follow Up By: Pauly_T - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 13:42

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 13:42
I just got someone thanking me re the info above and apologies to those people who use the above on who to contact regarding camping at Roaring Meg Fall.

I have since found out that the person you need to contact is Colin Fisher on (07) 40986248. It is, apparently his land (traditional owner), and he control access. He says it's a small camp ground and if it gets full he puts them up on "his land" were his home is. Seemed like a nice bloke.

Apologies to anyone who followed the info and went through the run around that I went through to find out about Colin.

FollowupID: 788521

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (9)