Weather in the west?

Submitted: Monday, Apr 15, 2013 at 20:36
ThreadID: 101716 Views:1599 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
This is more or less a thread to Al at Tjukayirla roadhouse, as I always think it best to ask locals for any info on their area,--much more reliable than govt depts.
Al, we're heading across the Anne Beadell and up thru your backyard to continue down the Connie Sue in a cuppla weeks,--can you advise on track conditions for that area, and/or any reports coming back to you,--good or bad-- ?
Will be calling in to camp overnight at your place about 15th May,---see you then
Regards....Sapper D
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 09:38

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 09:38
Why does Al need another thread, he and the cook are darn busy out there..

Might be quicker here....

http://www.facebook.com/TjukayirlaRoadhouse

(08) 9037 1108

Fax(08)9037 1110

www.tjukayirlaroadhouse.com.au

AnswerID: 509114

Follow Up By: Sapper D - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:26

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:26
In case you hadn't noticed Andrew, members use this forum to swap info with each other, and pass on helpful tips etc, that's what it's for, and The Tjukayirla roadhouse has always been at the forefront with it's assistance to travellers in that area, and as a past and future customer of theirs, I'm sure they appreciate members keeping in touch with them.-maybe I'm wrong, but If they didn't want threads or contact, they wouldn't be E-OZ members. if Al doesn't want to reply, he wont, but I don't need you to correct me
Sapper D
FollowupID: 786808

Follow Up By: greybeard - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:26

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 11:26
Perhaps a more directed approach may result in a better result. I had to read the thread before I could ascertain that it was asking for a weather report from Al and Serena at Tjurkayirla. Not everyone reads every thread to see if it contains a question directed at them.

So, not intending to correct anyone, a little more specific information in a title of a thread or contacting someone directly can help expedite a relevant response. ;) Have a nice trip.
FollowupID: 786810

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew L (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 16:37

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 16:37
Keep your hat on, Sapper fossil...lol...
FollowupID: 786843

Reply By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:23

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:23
G'day Sapper D, Yes mate, we are always happy to reply to enquiries here, and yes, that's why we are members.
The weather at the moment is perfect, with low to mid 30 days, and nights just below 20. There is a chance of a few storms about later this week. Will keep this site updated of anything significant, but doesn't look at this stage that there'll be a lot.
I haven't heard any reports at all yet on the Anne Beadell or Connie Sue, apart from it was a bit rough around Yamarna so not much help there until we start getting some travellers through. One thing I can tell you is that if your coming up the Point Sunday Rd to the GCR is that it no longer gets graded at all and has been taken off the Shires maintenance list. But the GCR is in very good condition at the moment with some sections of corrugations, but nothing too drastic.
Look forward to seeing you through on the 16th May.

Oh, and for anyone else planning on travelling in May, there isa car rally coming through that will be camped at the Roadhouse on the 7th May (Warakurna on the 6th) with 200 cars, so will not be the most peaceful of nights for camping, so please keep that in mind with your dates :-)

Cheers
Al and Serena
AnswerID: 509123

Reply By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:54

Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:54
we had 2.2mm of rain overnight, and Laverton had 11mm. Road still all good.
Nothing in Warburton was probably a few showers to the South of us, but wouldn't really have been any more that what we got.

Cheers
AnswerID: 509250

Follow Up By: Sapper D - Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 20:48

Thursday, Apr 18, 2013 at 20:48
Thanks for the heads up Al, really appreciate it----see you in May
Sapper D
FollowupID: 787078

Sponsored Links