Small World when traveling

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 08:10
ThreadID: 101721 Views:1721 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just returned to the big island after 8 great weeks in Tassy its always amazes me the people you meet on the road from A. same people at several different spots B.People who know someone that you know or a relative ect.
I had a bizzarre expereince in Latrobe talking to the shop owner turns out we did all our primary school years in the same class then a woman eaves droping turns out she knew my sister and my in laws from a small country town in WA Small World.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Pradobob - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:47

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:47
2 years ago, on the way back from Darwin to Adelaide, we stayed overnight at the near-empty Wycliffe Well CP in the middle of nowhere. A 60ish fella and his sister pulled in next to us "because we were South Aussies". Anyway, after talking to them for a while we found out that my wife and I had both taught his grandson at our local high school, and I had bought BP racing fuel from this guy in the late 1960s! They live about 2km from us.
Indeed it is a small world.
Bob
AnswerID: 509126

Reply By: moamajohn - Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 13:38

Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013 at 13:38
Some years ago my wife & I stopped our harleys at the border of the N/Territory & wanting a photo of us together in front of the border sign we went & asked a fellow biker if he would take a photo for us.We then took off our helmets as he also did & bugger me if it wasn,t my first cousin from Qld whom I had not seen for 25 years !
AnswerID: 509131

Sponsored Links