truma air conditioner

Submitted: Monday, Apr 22, 2013 at 23:19
ThreadID: 101826 Views:1673 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, I am asking who has bought a Truma Saphir Compact air conditioner from Europe, and how it has performed. It is not available in Australia and Truma have no intention of bringing it in. I am looking to instal it in my new Expedition Vehicle.
Where have they been bought from in Germany or similar country, and how has the sales service been?
Many thanks, Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozhumvee - Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 08:15

Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 08:15
Phil
There has been a discussion on these a while back on one of the motorhome/van forums, might have been on the now defunct CMCA forum. From memory while they are compact and will run on 12v they are still a window rattler in a box, albeit with a few tweaks. The general consensus was that they would struggle in our climate and you would be far better to fit an inverter domestic split especially if building/designing a rig. There are hundreds of domestic splits doing service in all sorts of mobile rigs and have been doing so for for plenty of years now. Our son used to work for a aircon mob on the NSW north coast and they were constantly fitting them to motorhomes and vans to replace the so called designed for the job van units.
Might be the reason why Truma have no intention of importing them to Oz.
AnswerID: 509586

Sponsored Links