Pirahna Power Shower

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 18:59
ThreadID: 10183 Views:2423 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I Placed a post last week in regard to not getting hot water on Shower fitted to 3.0 Ltr Patrol
I am pleased to say every thing now working OK as I hadnt tried it since last week and having done approx 1500 klm it seems there may have been an air lock in system
Tried it today washing the dog and dog got a surprise with the water temp
Running at idle no heater on water temp reached 50 deg c
running at fast idle 1200 rpm and heater fully on water temp 58 deg C

So pleased to report unit works extremely well as Pirahna claims it shouldMark (Geelong)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: madcow - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 20:57

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 20:57
Glad to see you reached a satisfctory result. Bet the dog was happier as well.
AnswerID: 45084

Reply By: Member - Richard- Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 21:16

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 21:16
A question. What fittings do you use on the suction side. I have a Twine and the fittings they supplied are not suitable for suction as they suck air and the shower tends to pulse as it gains and loses prime.Richard and Leonie, The grey nomads.
AnswerID: 45093

Follow Up By: MARK (GEELONG) - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 22:13

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 22:13
I have just ran lengths of garden hose from both suction and delivery sides down to a mount under front of bullbar and just have plastic gardenia type hose fittings to join up to shower end and another hose with filter to pick up water from jerrry can or river
I will have to see if the plasic fittings remain durable or may have to change them to brass type
Make sure hoses have hose clamps fitted at pump to ensure no air is sucked to cause lack of suctionMark (Geelong)
FollowupID: 307227

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 22:49

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 22:49
Richard, I have my fittings low down beside the tank to avoid the potential to bleed air in to lose prime. I have it in mind to remove the breakaway they supply to go before the pump actually, I think it is unecessary there with the filter inline to be able to let water out. The filter is necessary in line as small particles can upset the valves.

I also agree with Mark on using more hose clamps than supplied. I do doubt the Gardenia fittings and their potential for durability. I have another pump for pumping from a creek or river, never been used yet though.

Am glad to know you got the temperature up ok, I was dissapointed the first time I used mine as I understood GUs ran hot!Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
FollowupID: 307230

Reply By: flappan - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:58

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 08:58
Good to hear its sorted.

Unfortunately, mine has gone the other direction.

I recently bought a Shurflow pump to replace the DSE 12v, and now find that the water isn't hot enough on my 4.5 Petrol Patrol . . . . Water flowing too fast I believe. Also getting the pulsating of the pump, that going form whats said here . . . is air getting in.

MIght have to T mine off from the heater hoses with a seperate Heater Switch for better adjustment.
AnswerID: 45252

Follow Up By: MARK (GEELONG) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:59

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 20:59
I spoke to Pirahna and they were pleased that mine was working OK as they were at a loss to explain why I couldnt get hot water
Their claim is that their unit is 30% more efficient than others!!
I can't argue that now as mine tested 50deg +
I have had to get them to replace 2 shower heads as they have cracked in the body when flow control to shower head is closed off
Once again they were suprised saying they have not had problems with others
I resolved that problem by fitting a metal ball valve to control flow and will leave the other one on shower alone
Mark (Geelong)
FollowupID: 307428

Sponsored Links