Jayco lift arm broken & loose bed end!

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 23, 2013 at 23:30
ThreadID: 101840 Views:3262 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

We're on a camping trip now with a 2005 Finch and as we set it up, as always, I pulled the second tube in the rear left lift arm up (was told to do this to firm up the lift arm). Sadly the second sleeve pulled right out in my arm and the roof fell in a good few inches in that corner, with the cable exposed. Thankfully I had previously made some props so managed to prop the roof, loosen the tension and get the second sleeve back into the sleeve that is fixed to the van wall.

My question is, should the second sleeve be latched or something g to prevent it being pulled out? Is the lift arm broken and should I get a new one like this : http://caravansplus.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11907

Also one bed end is very loose meaning once up, with the supports in there is a fair bit of movement in the entire bed end. It seems the guide rails are splayed maybe? Any experience in this issue.

We do love the camper but man it is built so badly, I tried putting a tv antennae in and the stapled laminated ply, terrible joints, not one screw fastened properly (including the power points) - really is disappointing stuff from Jayco, I guess they have the monopoly not that that's any excuse.

Any advise gratefully received.

Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links