Dogs at Ayers Rock

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 at 21:36
ThreadID: 101858 Views:9612 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I can see that dogs are accepted at Ayers Rock Resort. We would like to visit Ayers Rock but are struggling over what to do with our dog. Does anyone have any (constructive) suggestions please?
Regards
Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 at 22:34

Wednesday, Apr 24, 2013 at 22:34
Hi Phil

The caravan park at Yulara is outside of the National Park hence allows dogs. You may find someone willing to take turns on alternate days to share dog sitting. Alternatively there are a number of kennels in Alice Springs.

When we were there in 2008, the caravan park people said taking dogs and leaving them tethered to your vehicle providing water was acceptable at Uluru. Parks management for Uluru say it is not and pets are not permitted enter the park. However there were a lot of doggy conversations coming from the main parking area. A similar story at Kings Canyon.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 509700

Reply By: Denis H - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 06:19

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 06:19
Hi Phil

We took both our little dears to Ayers Rock Resort in the caravan in 2010 while travelling up the centre. No problems at the Resort in the camp ground but not allow in the National Park (understandable). So I did a day or two in the Park and wife baby sat the girls, then I did the duty while wifie in the park.

If going to Kings Canyon its the same for the Park but no dogs at the Resort (2010). However Kings Canyon Cattle Station have camping and it was the same drill with the girlie dogs and the station was not that far from the Canyon.

Regards

Rabbit
AnswerID: 509708

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:03

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 10:03
Hi Rabbit

Thank you for the advice re no dogs at King's Canyon resort. When the ownership of the resort changed, I checked with the new ownership and dogs were still permitted. However the popular Kings Creek Station camping is a good alternative to stay http://www.kingscreekstation.com.au/

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 787720

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:30

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:30
Dogs are still permitted at the Kings Canyon Resort campground according to their website -

"Q. Are dogs allowed in the campground?
A. Yes, dogs are allowed in the campground however they need to be leashed at all times."

The dingoes are pretty friendly there too :O

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 787732

Follow Up By: equinox - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:57

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 12:57
Yes they had no problem allowing my dog to stay last November.

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 787735

Reply By: Tom in Darwin - Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 06:45

Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 at 06:45
When we lived here in 2006 the camp ground caravan park had some kennel's there for dog day care. Would be worth a ring to see if they still do.
AnswerID: 509709

Sponsored Links