Caravan Round Sink Covers

Submitted: Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 15:52
ThreadID: 101891 Views:4999 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Is there any one out there that can put me in touch with a manufacturer that makes covers for a caravan round sink? I want one for my van , so as to gain a bit of work space when cooking etc,etc. Camec & Caravan & RV World dont list them, any suggestions will be gratefully received. Thanks, Regards G.T.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Thinkin - Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 16:31

Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 16:31
If you can't buy it of the shelf try visiting a glazier with your cardboard template to cut out from perspex or something suitable, if you can't do it yourself.
Alpero.
AnswerID: 509845

Reply By: AdrianLR (VIC) - Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 17:03

Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 17:03
I made a cutting board for the round sink at home. Mine is narrower than the sink diameter so that waste can be swept into the sink (fitted with an Insinkerator) but if you get a wider board than you could cover the whole top.

If you have a router and a jigsaw then cut a thick board to the outside diameter of the sink and remove a section half the thickness of the board around the outside of the edge the same as the inside diameter of the sink.

If you only have a jigsaw (or a fretsaw and lots of time!) then cut two rounds - one the diameter of the outside and one the inner. Glue these together with polyurethane glue.

Rout or smooth the edges and oil with edible-grade oil.

You can buy large width boards in the shelving section of large hardware stores or glue narrow ones together.

Or.... you can buy a stupidly expensive one from Bunnings:Sink cover
AnswerID: 509849

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 20:52

Friday, Apr 26, 2013 at 20:52
Hi GT,

I suggest you visit your closest Jayco RV centre as all new Jayco vans, Sterling and Starcraft, have one and they could probably order one for you or point you in the right direction. I have had both and prefer the lightweight one which came with the Starcraft. Might be wise to check the sinks in the vans first and see whether they are the same size as yours though.

kind regards,
Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 509865

Sponsored Links