Winegard Freevision

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 08:06
ThreadID: 101910 Views:2041 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
In my 2012 Jayco we have a Winegard Freevision fitted two weeks ago we had a trip to Crows Nest near Toowoomba in QLD before we left I tested the TV and found that it had no signal for 7, 72, 74.all other digital channels were OK so I carried the old fish bone aerial with us.
At Crows Nest all I could get on the Winegard was ABC and SBS I then put up the Fish bone aerial and received all channels on my return I took my van to Jayco service at Tingalapa in Brisbane and was told they re tuned it and got all channels on returning to home @ Wellington Point in my driveway,I tested the TV on their set up with winegard connected and again could not get 7, 72, 74, so I then connected the fishbone aerial l paced it on a fence post lower than the Winegard and received perfect reception on all channels can someone advise me why this is so as I do not wish to carry the fish bone aerial all the time as it is bulky.
We are leaving again in a weeks time and I feel I will need to take the old aerial again
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 08:19

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 08:19
I have a friend who is a TV tech and he has always said that the old YAGI(Fishbome ) antenna was the best. Put a good signal booster on it and it will get you reception in very poor signal areas.

Bit of a pain to carry I suppose but the newer Digital versions are a lot smaller.
AnswerID: 509928

Follow Up By: Les R - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 08:30

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 08:30
Thanks Notso
You are correct as before we got our new van the old aerial did us well were others failed we always had reception even out did Sat-dishes.
FollowupID: 787948

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Di T (SA) - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:19

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 11:19
Les,

We had a problem with our Winegard Antenna on our new van and the distributor was great. We rang the company from whom we bought the van and they got in touch with him. He rang us and when we finally arrived in Alice Springs we had the faulty mechanism replaced, all covered.

So as yours is new go back to the supplier.

Di
AnswerID: 509939

Reply By: Erad - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 16:17

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 16:17
You may find that your TV was tuned to Channel 7 in a metropolitan area. In the country, it is Channel 6. Similarly, Ch 9 is Ch 8 in the country. You may have to re-tune the TV to get all channels.
AnswerID: 509948

Reply By: DesF - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 16:32

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 16:32
We have found that we have to scan the channels each place we stay. As some of the local repeaters use different wave lengths.
Cheers Des.
AnswerID: 509949

Reply By: Les R - Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 16:08

Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 16:08
Well after two weeks away at Mudjimba (QLD Sunshine Coast) I have realized that the WineGard was not worth what I paid for it.
With setting up the TV with it on I only recieved 9 channels that would be good if you like SBS , ABC and some shopping channels.
I then set up my old Ariel to receive 39 DTV channels Happy Days,
I then hunted out every person in the Park with one of these new Winegaurd Freevision and they all had the same complaint of only a few stations or poor reception.Looks like i have an expensive decoration on the roof of the van and I will now have to carry the old Ariel every where we go.
AnswerID: 511311

Sponsored Links