EzyTrail Full Off Road HardFloor Camper Trailer

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 16:54
ThreadID: 101918 Views:4279 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: wato35 - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 18:32

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 18:32
I have just checked the archives and now have the answer.
AnswerID: 509957

Follow Up By: Mick O - Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 22:30

Sunday, Apr 28, 2013 at 22:30
Always a good place to start Wato ;-)

By shear coincidence, I was actually looking at these and other hard floor campers on ebay a little earlier tonight (to provide advice to a friend).

Trust you found what you were looking for.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 787999

Reply By: Member - DereelGirl - Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 01:38

Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 01:38
Do tell Wato,
Was it good or bad, I'd love to know.
Dereelgirl
Dereelgirl

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 509972

Follow Up By: wato35 - Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 07:51

Monday, Apr 29, 2013 at 07:51
Most seem to think you would be better off spending more on a known new trailer. Or spending the same on a 2nd hand known trailer. I am looking somewhere else now.
FollowupID: 788012

Reply By: edwin - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 09:33

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 09:33
Hi Wato, I bought one of these last year off ebay,(ezytrail) $5500 ,theyre no kimberley camper, but for the price theyre ok, dont expect to take it off road straight from the factory as monkeys could put them together better, but I expected that. took 2 days to go over everything and get it sorted out,bearings to tight (replaced with japanese bearings), springs not seated correctly, brakes not adjusted and lots of little things like missing washers where there should be washers, loose screws, no breather in water tank, tidy up wiring etc. but after I got it sorted out to a point where I was happy, I made a brave decision to take it to Cape york, Did 4 weeks and lots of punisment inc OTL, nolans , gunshot etc. The only problem I had was that I holed the water tank, stone hammered it as no guard was fitted, but had jerry cans so no problem. I kept a careful eye on it but I was actually impressed by the way it went. The canvas is on the thin side and would recommend water proofing the canvas before use.(on top of seasoning) . But if your on a budget and are a bit of a handyman that can thoroughly inspect and fix things where needed, $5500 for a hard top is pretty good value. Some people have mentioned good resale value on buying expensive campers on this forum which is great, but if you dont have the cash to buy it in the first place its no good to you. For an entry level camper that took some punisnment quite well , go for it. I got loads of positive comments from fellow cape york travellers and also the couple we helped out with a broken cub camper on the track to Vrilya point.
AnswerID: 510101

Follow Up By: wato35 - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 09:52

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 09:52
Hi Edwin
Thanks for your reply, it sounds like you are very happy with your trailer after a few mods. I am not a handy man by any means, so I better go with something that should be reliable. I currently had a soft floor CT which is 4 foot longer then the normal CT. Being that bit longer it takes 2 to pack up and that's what I am trying to get away from now that the kids have grown up. We took it for 6.5 months around Aust a couple of years ago, without any trouble.
Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Wato
FollowupID: 788142

Follow Up By: edwin - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 10:12

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 10:12
No worries wato, I know what you mean about the set up time of the soft floors, thats what I wanted to avoid,its so nice after a long haul drive to just flip it over and your in bed in a minute or two, mate Id love a kimberley camper etc,(one day) but cant afford it yet, so instead of waiting and saving up for a few years, I decided to just do it now and get out there and enjoy this beautiful country.
Good Luck shopping and happy travels
ED
FollowupID: 788145

Sponsored Links