Ford Couriers - won't handle a metal bull bar

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 22:07
ThreadID: 10192 Views:2328 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I'm not sure if this occurs to all of them but we have a fleet of Couriers - latest one with bullbars fitted by ford - the cars are constantly scrubbing out the tyres and when you start to do a few dirt trails and you have a load in the back the chassis bends. Out of three cars we have all 3 with the tyres /camber problems and one has just bent it's chassis. Other people have told me they are having similiar problems and from a smash repairer he says they bend there all the time. Our office have basically said that the vehicles are now only to be driven on road and for light very light loads especially if on the dirt. When the leases run out we will hopefully be going back to Hilux's if the office can afford them.Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 00:17

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 00:17
Sign of the times?

make things cheaper, save $10 per car they make adds up...

AnswerID: 45127

Reply By: Diamond(due to duck season) - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 13:14

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 13:14
gday beddo.
i know mazda(ford)are redoing front ends if the tyres are having trouble with scrubbing tyres.
its a fault in the vehicle bull bar wont have anything to do with tyres.
had a few wheel alignment problems with courier/bravo and with a bit of searching around found out they will fix the problem.
also recall seing about a safety recan on ffront lower control arms a while ago as well.
talk to madza/ford and get them to fix the problem.
ps there was no recall because it dosnt afect all vehicles.
cheers
due to duck season coming
ive decided to hide out
love jemima puddle duck
back after the season
AnswerID: 45164

Follow Up By: phil - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 15:01

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 15:01
I have a 2000 Bravo 4WD. It had a problem with tyre scrubbing from new. It also pulled to the left. It has a TJM Mazda fitted full bull bar.
The lower control arms were replaced and the torsion bars reset and finally they got the alignment right. They told me that there was no evidence of any chassis distortion.
Ride also improved after this. Not sure why.
There is a safety recall for the Bravo for the steering knuckles which may crack. Campaign R200302

Phil
FollowupID: 307386

Reply By: Cmar - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:46

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:46
Jeff(beddo)
Off topic, but can you tell me where you got the snorkle for your Surf? I have a Surf too and am trying to find one for it. I am in Ireland though and the Surf's are very rare over here.

Thanks
Ciaran

cmar (at) iol.ie
AnswerID: 46109

Follow Up By: Jeff (Beddo) - Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 17:56

Tuesday, Feb 10, 2004 at 17:56
I got the Snorkel from Safari snorkels here in Australia from a dealer called Recreational Car Accessories at Gosford on the NSW Central Coast. These snorkels also fit the Hiluxs also - well anyway the Hiluxs which have the channel running on the sides of the guards - approx yr 2000 model Hilux's - they have a similiar channel on the guard though they curve down towards the indicator lens.. Have a look at this web site www.fds.com.au/toyotasurf/ the discussion forums have moved a little but all the links are there - should be able to find the actual serial number (can't find my info on it) - Anyway this site will provide you with a lot of info on Surf's. Cheers, Beddo
Surf KZN185
<- Yengo NP, Central Coast NSW
FollowupID: 308090

Sponsored Links