Suggested places to stay in Cloncurry QLD?

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 30, 2013 at 18:45
ThreadID: 101942 Views:1406 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day,

does anyone have any recommendations on accommodation in Cloncurry QLD? We are passing through on our way to the NT and are just staying the one night (3 of us).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 08:45

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 08:45
Philby,

Depending on what you are prepared to pay, there's a few choices.

The Gidgea Inn is on the left as you travel into town, very comfortable, and you can get a good feed there. Also the Central Hotel/Motel is closer to centre of town, just off the truck bypass, not far from the BP road house.

The Wagon Wheel Hotel/Motel is on edge of CBD, on left as you travel out of town, to the Isa. Think it's cheaper than the others, but quite comfortable. There's a couple of other motels & hotels, but their names have been forgotten.

About $110 seems to be the base rate for a room these days up here, though you may score something cheaper if you ring around.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 510095

Follow Up By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 18:48

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 at 18:48
G'day Philby

Regardless of where you stay try and book early.

I got caught out not that long ago in that area.

Booked into Mt Isa one night and got delayed there the next day, so I tried to stay that night,but every thing was booked out in Mt Isa and Cloncurry.

I had to drive back to Normanton at night,,,, not a good trip the little wallabies were ok, but the pigs were a bit of a worry. LOL

FollowupID: 788204

Sponsored Links