Legend caravan

Submitted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 17:22
ThreadID: 101981 Views:4558 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello

I'm looking at buying a new Legend caravan with triple bunks - has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about these vans? I can't find much info on them. We will be using it for a 4 month trip later this year.
Thanks in advance.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: graham B9 - Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 20:45

Thursday, May 02, 2013 at 20:45
You will not find much on them as they have been making caravans for other people.

That is they do not make a complete caravan but partly make a caravan. They are then sold to another brand name who install their own features and brand it their name. Humpback caravans have been built by Legend but after additional features, are sold as Humpback. Not all Humpbacks have been made by Legend however.

Their factory has a history of making design mistakes however. By that I mean caravans turning out different from the plans. Longer this and shorter that.

I certainly would be doing more investigation.
AnswerID: 510215

Reply By: 410 - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 12:09

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 12:09
Hi Tracey
I would do plenty of research before buying any van, do plenty of price comparisons and compare apples with apples as prices are all over the place. It would be one of the worst tasks ever as there are so many to pick from. We got sick of looking at vans and confused, talk to plenty of people, go to parks walk around and ask. Try second hand, but the are rare depending on what you willing to spend. We actually bought a new one cheaper than second hand, and had the warranty, this is another issue to look for. Also make sure you can get the service done near your place while at home. We have a triple bunk van and been on the road for three months and many months to go. We have a Retreat Daydream, a big van so make sure you understand how big a triple bunk van can be and make sure you have the tow vehicle big enough to handle it with safety and understand weights etc, especially the ball weight.
Check everthing inside and out with a fine toothed comb what ever you buy. We have a washing machine( this is a must as $4 per load gets expensive?) full oven ( very good for the cooler days), Queen bed innersprung matress,( we put on a matress topper, made a difference) seperate toilet shower( a must with 5 people, cause so one can be in the toilet while another in the shower, and nothing worse having to wipe dry the loo before going) and large bunks( room to grow). If you would like any further help, reply with your email.
Cheers
Richard
AnswerID: 510297

Sponsored Links