Comment: Holland Track

Just returned from completing the Holland track. As suggested by many we decided to tent and we are very thankful for the advise, it would have been a nuisance to tow something. We decided to complete the whole track from Broomhill. The going was easy however we missed a few turn-offs but eventually made it to Emu Rocks for the night. A great spot for a stop over - a few flies and mozzies on dusk, but after that we enjoyed a very pleasant night. We camped near the lake and the 2 young boys thought the were in paradise with the water holes, tadpoles, and the like.
Next day we travelled to Centenary Rocks, a big day but we stopped often. Had some car troubles on the way but other than that had a great day. The last day was also very enjoyable, we slowed down a bit and really enjoyed the trip. Saw a huge python at Krakouer Rock. After a walk up Thursday Rock - highly recommended to see the wind eroded rocks- we completed the last part of the trip.
The track in good condition with only small amounts of water near Hyden. The rest of the track was easy and the side tracks around the deep ruts no issue for us.
The track from Hyden to Coolgardie is well sign posted but the Broomhill to Hyden a bit hit and miss. Use a good map.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Murray M2 - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 22:32

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 22:32
Hi, am interested if you could tow a off road camper( about same width as vehicle) ok

regards
muz
AnswerID: 510279

Follow Up By: rickeik - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 00:10

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 00:10
Hi Muz,
We did pass 2 cars who were towing camper trailers so I guess it would be ok.
However saying that, there are tight and windy sections that require care. I didn't see any damage but I can't sat they didn't scrape a tree or two. I am glad I didn't take a trailer, and if I had an off road trailer I would still tent or swag. We set up a tent each night and rolled out a double swag inside. The time it took to set up would be shorter than setting up a camper.
Hope it helps
Rick
FollowupID: 788368

Sponsored Links