How deep are the creek crossings into Purnululu national Park

Submitted: Friday, May 03, 2013 at 19:37
ThreadID: 101997 Views:1851 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I expect to be there mid June in an 80 series Cruiser. The vehicle is standard height.
The reason for asking is I wonder if I should extend the diff breathers or any other preparation for the crossings.
Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 20:04

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 20:04
G'day Cruiser 3, when we went in in June 06 I drove a Terracan in and had zero bother with water. Soft sand at the creek crossings required use of 4wd High range in my case.

Obviously late rains will have a marked influence but others I've spoken too have never had problems even when the creeks have some water in them.

Lifting your diff breathers is always a smart move if you're going to be doing water crossings to a depth where the diff would be submerged.

Enjoy your trip.
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 510267

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Friday, May 03, 2013 at 21:03

Friday, May 03, 2013 at 21:03
When we went there in July I could have taken the Kingswood. (Yeah I know its 4WD only)

The 80 series will be fine unless there are some late rains. Just as said above. Then it depends on how much rain and how much damage could be cause to the wet road and of course if they close it.

Not a bad idea to extend the diff breathers anywy.

Phil
AnswerID: 510274

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:56

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:56
Watching this thread with interest

OT Good to see you back on line Phil after the op
FollowupID: 788389

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 01:53

Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 01:53
Cookie

Have you been there? That was one of the destinations on our first trip in the Toyota. So lucky with that trip.Kununurra to Broome on the black top checking it all out. Then a cruise up the Kimberley coast for eight days inMV Diversity II with only 6 passengers and five crew to look after us. Six stars and worth every bit. Took ages to save up for it.

And the piece de resistance, a couple of weeks driving through the center to places along the Gibb River Road. Finished with a night stay in the best suite at Home Valley. And a ride home on the Ghan with car on it as well, having a rest. The car that is. I'm up front in the bar sipping champers. What a holiday!!!

When we got to to the Cathedral Gorge there was a woman singing the Australian anthem. It was a surreal atmosphere. Only hassle was traffic on the way out. The crossings should be a walk in the dark. Track status is available from the rangers. That's where I got mine.

They found more to cut out while my back was open. Waiting on pathology. Thanks mate. Hell they pump them through. No stuffing around. Next!!!

Phil

Our cabin was on the top deck just behind the bridge. Even had our own deck at the back. WOW.

FollowupID: 788422

Sponsored Links