Toyota Service Quality

Submitted: Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:53
ThreadID: 10200 Views:1815 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Being first Toyota owner I srop my L/C 80 for auto tramission and transfer case oil change and check out this morning and am wondering if it is worh paying more for Toyota service while 3rd party do it cheaper? Not to mention some 4WDer do thier own. Your any Toyota service experience is welcomed, especial in Brisbane. Thank you!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brett - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 17:46

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 17:46
In my opinion you gain nothing other than the spedy spare parts availalilty when Toyota service a vehicle out of warranty. What you pay for a service from toyota for your 80 series I used to pay to have my 350 hp 14 litre Cummins powered International ,with a 40 ltr sump, serviced and I would get some change too.

I have done most oil changes myself and have even gone to Ultratune workshops and given them the oil I want put into the vehicle..and waited for them to do it. Most repairs to my vehicle have been done by a truck mechanical workshop.

Repairs. I have had brakes and a diff repaired by dealers in the Repco chain of franchises and have had to claim a warranty once which was dealt with without fuss. If you are not going to travel for months at a time I would be trying to Identify a good local repairer. The 4x4 joints can be a bit pricey. I prefer to take my vehicle to a heavy vehile truck repairer as for them it is "light work" for a change , they are used to repairing stuff and just don't remove and replace, and in general they are probably a better class of mechanic.
If you are travelling and you want some sort of standardisation go to a Repco, Ultra Tune or some sort of National type dealer arrangement.
AnswerID: 45192

Sponsored Links