HEMA maps legend?

Submitted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 12:22
ThreadID: 102008 Views:8889 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,

I've just started using the HEMA maps app on the iPad. It's really good. However, I'm trying to find a legend for the maps (e.g. what each of different colours of lines mean etc). If this question has been asked before I'm sorry (please just post a link so I can read it).

Figured I better check before I end up on tracks that wipe me out :)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:20

Saturday, May 04, 2013 at 14:20
Not sure if this is what you mean but If you zoom out on a map and usually to a corner you will find a legend
AnswerID: 510302

Reply By: Hema Maps - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 09:08

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 09:08
Philby,

In most cases the legend, will be located in the corner of the map. However this is not the case for all of the maps so dont expect to find a legend on every one.

A general and safe rule of thumb, the smaller the line the less the "major" the track or road is. However we do not grade roads on their difficulty, however the less "major" the track the more likely it is to be a harder track. The reason we dont grade roads is that they often change and if we graded something as easy and then a rough wet season comes along and turns the track into a bog then this may cause some issues. Therefore we would advise to take tracks at your own discretion.

In saying that if you are looking a Hema Regional Map, (most of the maps on the device except the Aus250 and 1:1million) any track that is coloured purple has been field checked and driven by our Map Patrol. This will give you an indication that the track is passable and most certainly accessible.

Safe Journey...
AnswerID: 510420

Reply By: Philby - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 11:13

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 11:13
Thanks heaps to both of you. Appreciate it!
AnswerID: 510433

Sponsored Links