"Affordable" Kimberley Flights

Submitted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 20:29
ThreadID: 102034 Views:2134 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

We're heading to the Kimberley in July and would like to do a flight of some sort when we are there, not fussed if its either Bungles, Horizontal Falls or Mitchell Falls but all my research so far is a bit of a budget breaker.

Without checking Mitchell Falls costs the cheapest I've come across so far is $840 for 2 adults and 2 children over the bungles for 18 minutes and over $2000 for horizontal falls.

Understanding that these operators need to make the most of the peak season has anyone had some experiences with flights that aren't quite so expensive?

Thanks in advance, Lloyd
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 20:49

Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 20:49
Hi Lloyd

The cheapest will be the six minute flight from Mitchell Falls to the car park. They do a few loops over the falls at increasing heights. Longer chopper flights can be incorporated. Currently the basic 'taxi' is $155 per person.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 510391

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 20:53

Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 20:53
SORRY - typo there - it is $115. Apologies to Slingair.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 788491

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 21:42

Sunday, May 05, 2013 at 21:42
Lloyd the Horizontal Falls day trip is not cheap, especially for a family.

But it will give you memories you will keep forever. It was a highlight of our trip in 2011.

Horizontal Falls
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 510397

Reply By: Member - Wozikev - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 08:51

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 08:51
Hi Lloyd
I took a 3 hour flight with Shoal Air out of Kununurra in July last year which took in the Ord River irrigation area, Lake Argyle, Argyle Diamond Mine, the Bungles (20-30 mins), El Questro, Pentecost River, Home Valley Station, Cambridge breakaway and the Bastion, Wyndham & five rivers, return to Kununurra. It was an excellent flight at a cost of $340, and the pilot knew his stuff and was very informative. Being a pilot myself, an added bonus for me was a quick stop off at Home Valley Station to drop off another couple. Give 'em a tingle .................
Shoal Air Phn: 08 91693554 Web: www.shoalair.com
No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Cheers ........................ Kev.
AnswerID: 510416

Reply By: harry & the hobbit - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 09:59

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 09:59
Hi Lloyd,
We have done flights over those 3 attractions and would not hesitate to do the Horizontal Falls again whereas we could pass on the Bungles and Mitchell Falls. Try to stretch the budget or sell a kid but do try and do an overnight stay at the Horizontal Falls, they try to give you a great Kimberley experience. I feel both the Bungles and the Mitchell Falls are places best experienced on the ground.
Regards, Robert
AnswerID: 510424

Sponsored Links