winegard sensar antenna service required

Submitted: Monday, May 06, 2013 at 20:39
ThreadID: 102061 Views:2236 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have a winegard antenna which I believe has ceased to work properly.Recently went to a spot where the TV had worked well previously.,receiving the full range of digital stations.This time however we could only initially receive the 7 &10 signals. After a day or so lost the 7 signals, eventually the 10 signals were poor. I was in line of sight of the local antennas.Checked the TV whenI returned home all OK. Have tested the power input at mast head 12.88 V.I believe that there is no signal emanating from the wall plug but not sure how to test that.
Can anybody recommend a service center near Melbourne or in North East Victoria that has experience with Winegard antennas. Many thanks to those who may be able to help...Regardsjohn y
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 20:46

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 20:46
I met somebody at Port Broughton yesterday with exactly the same problem!
AnswerID: 510479

Follow Up By: BUSH CAMPER - Monday, May 06, 2013 at 21:15

Monday, May 06, 2013 at 21:15
I had the same problem, checked power to top of antenna and found that the circuit board way stuffed. Winegard do not bring in the circuit boards.
I contacted them and advised to get the retro fit upgrade to their new antenna.
Bought one from prestige Geelong cheaper than quoted by winegard.
New antenna works very well.
can't remember the model no. but you see them on all new vans.
hope this helps.
Regards Hugh
FollowupID: 788550

Reply By: ed c1 - Wednesday, May 08, 2013 at 21:08

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 at 21:08
hi john,
before you spend your money remove the wall panel that houses the booster/12v outlet and check that the coax cables are fitted properly .these are f fittings and are push in then the nut screws on to complete the circuit..on our van they were never done up,,so we had good tv one day and not the next......we found this after retro fitting to the new snow flake looking one,,,,bugger !! also found that the rear of the 12v outlet (plastic) had got very hot at sometime and had started to melt bugger!! another upgrade $400 all up works fine at home can't wait to try it in bush,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck travel safe ed
AnswerID: 510610

Follow Up By: Member - john y - Wednesday, May 08, 2013 at 22:49

Wednesday, May 08, 2013 at 22:49
Thanks for the replies. I think that you are nearly on the money ed as I have checked the wall plate and I think that the problem emanates from there .I have ordered a new one and have noticed one of cable terminations is poorly done.Hopefully rectifying both may solve the problem.Thanks againjohn y
FollowupID: 788736

Sponsored Links