canopy clamps

Submitted: Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 09:55
ThreadID: 102098 Views:4074 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I need to find some type of clamping arrangement to fit an ally canopy to my DMax tub. Picked up a sample clamp from Ironman but it is not suitable. If anyone knows where I can have a look at and/or buy the "c" clamps around Perth that would be good. Have tried the usual hardware and fastener places. Have also tried ARB and some other 4wd places but they all bolt through the tub lip - I would prefer not to drill holes but if it ends up that way then I guess that's it. rgds
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: member - mazcan - Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:30

Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:30
hi maverick
not sure what you mean by c clamps or do you mean g clamps
even if you use twist buckles there will still need to be some hole for the anchors
I bought poly block material from bunbury plastics and made my anchors that are put on with large pop rivets on inside edge of the tub and then a bolt goes down through them
drilling holes
except for using a sikaflex sealant which will make it a water proof permanent fixed joint
cheers
AnswerID: 510630

Follow Up By: member - mazcan - Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:34

Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:34
it was ment to read
I fail to see how you will escape drilling holes
except for ------------dardydah ----etc
FollowupID: 788758

Follow Up By: Ross M - Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:35

Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 11:35
I have a Dmax/tub and the Flexiglass (HQ in Perth WA) sliding G system will possibly do what you want.

6 hold my canopy on but more would be better. They are a plastic material.
You can probably buy some from them.
Worth look.

Ross M
FollowupID: 788759

Reply By: Keith H7 - Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 12:24

Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 12:24
There is a huge range of G Clamps available through EBay.

A couple of options:

You could get a thick plastic / polyurethane strip countersink some bolts into it...making sure the bolts don't turn and then Sikaflex the strip to the Tub (thread up). Then drill in the canopy to match the bolts and bolt the canopy on.

I like the G Clamp idea better. Best would be G Clamp and Sikaflex the canopy to the tub.

Depending on what you have to hook onto have a look at using turnbuckles. They can come with an eye and hook or hook both ends. These are also available on EBay.

Good luck
AnswerID: 510633

Reply By: pop2jocem - Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 19:07

Thursday, May 09, 2013 at 19:07
MAVERICK,

If you haven't already try Universal Engineers In Malaga. If they don't have what you need I doubt anyone will except maybe on fleabay.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 510660

Sponsored Links