James Price Point/Quandong?

Submitted: Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 10:46
ThreadID: 102144 Views:1744 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone stayed at either of these places just north of Broome? What are the campsites like? Can you swim? Is one better than the other?
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 12:37

Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 12:37
In June 2011 Quandong was pretty crowded with some vans being there longer than the time limit. There was no one at James Price Point mainly due to the protests at that time but it was a lovely spot. We did not camp at either but it did not look like ideal swimming due to possible crocs. Near the pearl farm at the entrance to Quandong there was a nice beach and there was a spot vacant there to set up, but someone there said there had been a croc spotted, so I don’t think anyone went swimming. Kevin
AnswerID: 510793

Reply By: Member - Bill13 - Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 18:31

Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 18:31
Yes we stayed there for one week several years ago and had a good time at Quandong Point. We were camped at Broome and took a day trip up there to see if there were any camp sites. There were none available but talked to several people who were in vans and found one who was leaving in two days time. We made arrangements for us to be there early in the morning and as they pulled out we slipped in to their site. The effort was worth it as we had a great site. I used my Zodiac to troll along the coast and bought home two mackerel for the effort. The whales breaching all day long just out the front was continuous and a great to see.
You need to take all things you will require as the shop is not just down the road.
Top spot to camp.
Bill

AnswerID: 510815

Sponsored Links