New version of Oziexplorer (for Windows PC) available

Submitted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 19:49
ThreadID: 102177 Views:2361 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
For those of you who like to keep up to date, a new version of OziExplorer (for Windows PC) is available updating to version 3.95.5s.

Now supports internet maps such as Open Street Map , Google Maps and USA Terraserver Maps within OziExplorer.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 20:37

Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 20:37
Hello Bill

Thanks for heads up.

Specific changes/bug fixes for each version are detailed in the History of changes link on the Ozi website. In this case (version 3.95.5s) "changes" are:

Windows 8 GPS API does not provide speed or heading. These are calculated from position data and time so may not be as accurate. Windows 8 GPS API does not provide satellite info. You must turn on the GNSS Device (the GPS) in windows settings.
You must turn on the "Windows Location platform" in Control Panel Location Settings.

Fixed issue with BSB kap files converted with img2ozf.

Fixed issue with importing mapinfo raster maps with tab file and geographic (lat/lon) projection.

Internet maps have not been updated at all. Been as is (except for some bug fixes) for a few years now (~2010)..not sure why they promote it as "NEW".

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 510924

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 20:52

Sunday, May 12, 2013 at 20:52
Hi Greg,

It is usually yourself that alerts us to updates, etc. but in this particular case, I was actually using Ozi to research some map detail and I received an alert via the application that an update was available.

Very clever I thought.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 789023

Reply By: Echucan Bob - Monday, May 13, 2013 at 13:36

Monday, May 13, 2013 at 13:36
Still waiting patiently for the iOS version.
AnswerID: 510961

Sponsored Links