Spend, spend and spend some more

Submitted: Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 18:49
ThreadID: 10218 Views:2796 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday all.

Currently the proud owner of a TD 100 LC and do not intend getting rid of it for some time.

However I have been thinking about the cost of all the model specific 'bits and pieces' we like to put on our home away from home.

Things like Bull Bars, Air Lockers, Cargo Barriers, Suspension Modifications, Cargo Drawers, Polyairs, and the list goes on.

My question is aimed at those of you who have had such a vehicle and have traded up for the latest and greatest.

When you trade, or sell your original 4b are you able to get some extra dollars for all the vehicle specifc add ons, or do you just get the market value for the vehicle as if it had never had any mods done to it?

I am beginning to think I might open a 4X4 parts and accessories business.

Any info greatly appreciated.

CheersPT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 19:41

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 19:41
Hi Paul
Generally you only get the market value for the truck unless you can find a fellow 4 weeler that wants to by you used and loved truck
Ray
AnswerID: 45202

Reply By: Johnny_100 - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 21:00

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 21:00
Paul,

I have found that when I sold my old 80 series petrol, which had 10,000bl Warne winch, King Springs, Koni Shocks ARB delux winch bar, Safari Snorkel and a cargo barrier that it only made around $1,500 dollars difference on the market value at that time. Not anywhere near the value of the accessories. The vehicle was in above average condition with average Km's.

I am now waiting delivery of a new 100 T/D and have locked in a trade in for my current 100 Series pertol. Here the dealer has not made much allowance above market trade value. The extra's are dual batteries, ARB delux winch bar, King springs with Koni shocks, after market car alarm and newish A/T tyres. Can't move the bullbar across as you would know.

Regards,
John
AnswerID: 45217

Reply By: Member - Raymond - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:46

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 07:46
Hi Paul
When selling my 80 series we removed the winch and the accessories and put them up for sale through the 80series online, all were sold in hours. Lucky the 3lt GU although the accessories swapped over to the Ute. The winch is on its third vehicle and still going strong
Raywanderin' in retirement. victor 2010
AnswerID: 45250

Sponsored Links