Aluminium Canopy by Tong Metal or Jackoff in Brisbane

Submitted: Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 07:45
ThreadID: 102234 Views:9651 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am trying to make a decision between these two types of canopy and I am hoping someone out there has purchased one of these canopies and can advise as to their durability, dust proof and waterproof quality, problems or experience over time.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 15:00

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 15:00
Wayne,

I don't have one of these, but bought a Top Form camper from Bob Mitchell, in Hervey Bay.

Had a look at the websites for the ones you mentioned, and they both look alright. I'd be steering away from the chequer plate one as I'd reckon it'd be a bitch to clean.
Thought the Jackoff brand(you'd be removing any stickers with that name in a hurry, eh?) seemed to be the better set-up.

Just make sure the tops of the doors are sealed, so water doesn't run down between the hinge and the body of the camper. Also advise on plenty of LED lights, on each door, and in each compartment, and get Merit sockets rather than ciggy sockets.

Also an easy accessible spot for fuses, battery switch, and any intended upgrades, like DC-DC charger etc. Got 240v in ours too, with couple of double GPO's.

These photos aren't our camper, but very similar. We also have a removable pack rack on top as well. Enjoy your planning,

Bob.
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 511241

Sponsored Links