Australind WA sight to see

Hi everyone,
I dont know if anyone is in this area but thought I might just let you all know about this real beaut art gallery/museum I had the pleasure of seeing recently. I've been here for about 5 years but haven't done the touristy thing. It's amazing how many people dont do the touristy thing in their own back yard. Anyway, it was Gob smackingly awesome and very moving. The museum is a private collection built over 30 years. It has a feel of quality and class in the way inwhich the items have been displayed. The information is articulate and the owner is very welcoming and interesting to talk to. I would highly recommend it. I am going to return with my grandkids so they can learn a whole lot more. He covers history from around the 1830 through to the ANZACs. American war of Independence, American Indian culture, Aborignial Noongar History, Australian Pioneering and family history dating back to the 1800's with Wood working. The art gallery is something again. Very creative. The costs are so minimal that my grandkids can afford it with their pocket money. Certainly well worth the money. The downside is that it is parked in the industrial area, completely unseen by through traffic, so you need to know it's there for you to see it. Upside is that because it is in the industrial area there is room to park your caravan/vehicle on the side of the road without interference with other traffic.
I am not in anyway affiliated with this business but just informing all of another wonderful thing worth seeing. Website address is www.featuredwoodgallery.com.au have a look when you have time.
Happy travels
Cheers
Dirt
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: landseka - Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 19:03

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 19:03
Thanks for the 'heads up' Dirt,

I couldn't begin to try to work out how many times I have driven past that place and not once looked in.

I don't live in the area now though not so far away. Next visit I will call in for a look.

Cheers Neil
AnswerID: 511178

Follow Up By: Member - Dirt Princess - Friday, May 17, 2013 at 00:10

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 00:10
No worries Neil. Please mention this forum to the guy because I told him I was going to let my friends on Exploroz know about this place. I am sure he will appreciate it.
FollowupID: 789368

Sponsored Links